Onshore partner visa 820/801 - 2014 applicants

AWUK

Thought I'd start a post to see whereabouts people were in applications, keep track of any updates, and of course vent any frustrations! Hopefully there are a few of us on this forum and it would be interesting to hear how people are getting on.

I applied 22nd jan, online. No correspondence yet, so have been uploading more evidence and info that we didn't have at the time of application, e.g superannuation beneficiary, and soon joint private health care.

Has anyone has contact with DIBP yet?

Hey

I applied 15/04/2014. I used a agent with complete evidence. I'm on a student visa until September 2014 but I don't like the college but looks like i'm staying on the visa as the processing time is so long. Just a waiting game now

Guest Guest226914

I applied February 2013 and didn't get a case officer until March 2014. Then got approved April 2014. You are probably in for at least a year long wait.

that was sydney office but got transferred to Perth due to backlog.

Is that the same for all processing centres and online?

They vary a but but generally the wait time for an onshore application is running at 12 months plus. Somewhere I read it's up to 15 months now.

Don't fret overly though. In most cases (off the back of a tourist or WHV) things like work rights are given so you can lead a pretty normal life while on the bridging visa.

Thought I'd start a post to see whereabouts people were in applications, keep track of any updates, and of course vent any frustrations! Hopefully there are a few of us on this forum and it would be interesting to hear how people are getting on.

I applied 22nd jan, online. No correspondence yet, so have been uploading more evidence and info that we didn't have at the time of application, e.g superannuation beneficiary, and soon joint private health care.

Has anyone has contact with DIBP yet?

How long did it take you to grant your bridging visa?

They vary a but but generally the wait time for an onshore application is running at 12 months plus. Somewhere I read it's up to 15 months now.

Don't fret overly though. In most cases (off the back of a tourist or WHV) things like work rights are given so you can lead a pretty normal life while on the bridging visa.

Yeah I've not had problems finding work with the bridging visa lined up which is great.

Only potential problem is my partners dad wants to take us to Canada as his retirement celebration in January 2015. I'm not sure that would qualify for the bridging visa which allows you to leave and re-enter the country!

Yeah I've not had problems finding work with the bridging visa lined up which is great.

Only potential problem is my partners dad wants to take us to Canada as his retirement celebration in January 2015. I'm not sure that would qualify for the bridging visa which allows you to leave and re-enter the country!

I think for you to leave and re-enter on a bridging visa you need to contact immi and then I think they will put you on a BVB visa? My friend did this on his bridging visa and I think he said that for this BVB visa it was around $200

• 7 months later...

I've seen quite a few applicants on another forum receiving these kind of emails so I think they may have slightly changed the way applications are dealt with over the past few months so that they are checked quite quickly when they come in to ensure all mandatory documents are there, before going on to be processed.