Question about Form 888 - handwritten only?

1charlie1

Hi All

My mother is doing one of our two statements in support of my husband's spousal visa. I emailed her the Form 888, but can only find it as a PDF. Does this mean the department want a handwritten statement from her, or can she just fill in the form, leave the box for the statement blank, and attach a typed statement (making sure this page/s are also witnessed appropriately)? Or is their a word version of Form 888 on the department website which I just haven't managed to find? Thank you for your help!

Guest GeorgeD

i'm sure at least one of my witness stat decs was typed. You get them to fill out the form by hand (name, etc) and then type the bits they want to write on a sheet(s) of paper for each section. Get them to sign each page for reference. It should be fine.

In the box for the statement, just say something like refer to attached sheet.

This should be OK...DIAC can't discriminate agaisnt you for having untidy handwriting, and typed is easier for them to read too. As long as it is properly witnessed, I don't see a problem.

• 2 years later...
i'm sure at least one of my witness stat decs was typed. You get them to fill out the form by hand (name, etc) and then type the bits they want to write on a sheet(s) of paper for each section. Get them to sign each page for reference. It should be fine.

In the box for the statement, just say something like refer to attached sheet.

This should be OK...DIAC can't discriminate agaisnt you for having untidy handwriting, and typed is easier for them to read too. As long as it is properly witnessed, I don't see a problem.

Hi there,

how many witnesses do you need to 'witness' the Form 888 Statutory Dec? Most sites/official documents allude to 'a person', which would mean one witness; however there was a document on the immi site that said you needed two witnesses! We just received our completed Form 888's from family members in Australia with only one witness (a Justice of the Peace). Is this sufficient and how many did you have?

Cheers!!

B

Hi there,

how many witnesses do you need to 'witness' the Form 888 Statutory Dec? Most sites/official documents allude to 'a person', which would mean one witness; however there was a document on the immi site that said you needed two witnesses! We just received our completed Form 888's from family members in Australia with only one witness (a Justice of the Peace). Is this sufficient and how many did you have?

Cheers!!

B

Theres only one space for a witness signature so thats all we got. Surely if they needed two they would create 888 with space and headings for two.

Hi there,

Cheers!!

B

they mean that you need atleast 2 form 888's - so two witnesses to your relationship. You only require one person to witness the statement.