176 After Validation

Hi All, our meds & police checks are in, awaiting finalising visa from our case worker. (Brickie heading to Perth, family of 4)

I gather we have a year to validate new visa

The 176 is a permanant Visa, but I have read that it only lasts for 5 years ?

But what happens then........... Do you have to leave Aus, or apply for another visa ?

Any info would be appreciated

Guest Guest31881

Permanent visa's last 5 years, after that you have either become a citizen or you request a RRV (residents return Visa) to come and go from the country,

Technically you have a year to validate, however, the time doesn't start when you get the visa granted but from the medicals or pc's whichever was the earliest. With ours e.g. our medicals were dated mid May, we got the grant early July and we had until the following May to make our first entry (validation). You then have a further 4 years to make the move. After the 5 years you require a resident return visa to get back in Aus, unless you've become citizens.

Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

I have two colleagues who went on holiday from Aus and hadn't got the RRV. Causes hassle on return (granted a briding visa) and had to do lots of running round to re-establish the visa

Hi All, our meds & police checks are in, awaiting finalising visa from our case worker. (Brickie heading to Perth, family of 4)

I gather we have a year to validate new visa

The 176 is a permanant Visa, but I have read that it only lasts for 5 years ?

But what happens then........... Do you have to leave Aus, or apply for another visa ?

Any info would be appreciated

Permanent visas never expire, only the travel rights expire after 5 years. Further travel rights are usually easy to obtain at low cost. Citizenship trumps all of this.

Archived