Primary schools in and around halls head, mandurah

Guest zoeandcraig

Guest zoeandcraig

Hi

can anyone give any advise on primary schools in or around the Halls Head area. We are moving to Halls Head in January 2011. We have a 7 year old boy. I'm not the best on the internet, but i'm finding it impossible to get an email address for any schools.

I would like a good sized school for him, preferably with a 60 children intake or more. Can anyone give any info on any of the local schools, or has anyone got a good link.

What are the waiting listd like? Is it realistic to think that he could start school in Feb?

Thanks

Zoe x

Our children are in South Halls Head Primary www.det.wa.edu.au/schoolsonline. Its a new school and has just been granted independent status which means the parents and staff have a much bigger say in how it is run etc. Absolutely love the school, has a very pro-active and caring headteacher. Is also very popular, so you would HAVE to be in the catchment area now to have any chance of getting into the school.

Other ones to look at are Glencoe Primary, Halls Head Primary, Falcon Primary, Mandurah Primary - these are the state schools.

If you are thinking of private, there will be long waiting lists.

Hope this helps

• 3 years later...

Definitely put in an application to attend South Halls Head Primary. I am biased but I have worked in a lot of schools and this is by far the best. Caring, dedicated and highly qualified teachers and a very attractive environment. The stand out at this school is how passionate people are about their jobs. The students are enthusiastic and mostly well behaved as the school has a very good behaviour management system.:jiggy:

Archived