Sunshine Coast Schools State Or Private

Guest DazandSarah

Guest DazandSarah

Hi all our first post!

We are hoping to move out to the sunshine coast, has anyone got a view on what the state schools are like, is it worth paying for private. Bearing in mind we will have to pay for state schools as we are goig on a 457 Visa. If anyone has any suggestions on good schools or where we can compare school performances, that would be great. We have been attracted to Buderim and Peregian Springs area.

Thanks Daz

The State schools in Oz are good, but my hb is an Electrician & does alot of work at St. Andrews in Perigian Springs and would love our kids to go there. He said its a fantastic school and the children are very well behaved and all seem very happy in the school. I dont know about paying at State schools on a 457, I always thought you did have to pay unless you are permanent resident but I dont know.

St. Andrews is $10,000 per year, uniform is around $1,000 plus books, stationary etc so quite expensive but fantastic if you can afford it.

My kids are very happy in their State school and are all doing very well academically.

As for areas Buderim is a beautiful place, Ive not been to Perigian so cant advise on that. Hope this helps a bit :biggrin:

Guest DazandSarah

Hi

thanks for the replies, its good news if we wont have to pay the state school fees, it may have a bearing on the value placed on private school. Anyone recommend a state school in or around Buderim or Peregain Springs.

Ta Daz

Guest Shell15

We are moving to buderium area and only looking at Private Schools at the moment..I have asked this question on here and also Life in Queensland site but had not reply?

Guest DazandSarah

Col&Shell we looked at [h=3]Matthew Flinders Anglican College in Buderim[/h]

This is in the top 10 in Queensland and looks great on the website but costs for two children about $20k per anum, but we havent been over there yet, this is an early info gathering. Have you researched any state schools, we have heard good and bad comments but more hearsay type of comments.

Guest Shell15

Hi yes we are looking at Matthew Flinders as well, it seems to be very popular and admissions team seem really lovely as well. We also like Sunshine Coast Grammar School which is a short distance from Buderium in Forest Glen and costs about $8000 p/a plus uniforms etc. We are going out there in May for a week and have organised a tour of both and will then make our decision. I can fill you in when we get back if you like?

Sorry I didn't ask how old your children were? Our daughter is 14, 15 by the time we move so will go into year 10..

Edited by Shell15

Guest DazandSarah

Col&Shell

Our kids are 12 and 8, thanks for the Grammer school tip, we would also love it if you could give us any feedback on the area and the schooling.

Ta

Daz