New to the forum, excited!!!

Chiara Giannetti

Hi everyone :)

My name is Chiara and im from Ayrshire and work in Glasgow, ready to quit my job in around 6 months time and start my backpacking in Oz and then see where it takes me!

Hoping to arrive in Australia around February/March, still not sure a best time or place to start for that matter. Going to have a good read at all of your posts to get a good idea of where to begin on planning my travels. Hope to speak to you all soon, thanks!

P.s I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! :D:D

Im from lanarkshire so fairly near you! I was going to go to perth first but ended up signing up for a intro week in sydney. Plus I want the first things i experience to be places like the harbour.

Starlights right - it'll be really hot for scottish people but im just blocking it out my head or else I'll end up not coming

Hi kayleigh you can let me know how it is maybe you could give me some advice are you doing any kind if programmer or just going for it and finding a job when you are over? Sounds like Sydney is a good place to start, I've only just started planning so I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet haha

Mines Is the gap year one too but I didn't do it for jobs because I don't believe any company can guarantee a job. I've read it's illegal to take money to find someone a job but I could be wrong on that one. Im just doing it for the company and activities. At least you handle the heat lol I dont!

Hi kayleigh you can let me know how it is maybe you could give me some advice are you doing any kind if programmer or just going for it and finding a job when you are over? Sounds like Sydney is a good place to start, I've only just started planning so I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet haha

Hi :).

Yeah sure I can! I'm kind of going at it full on and only planning my first two week ands seeing where it takes me. Doing it all on my own, I've read that programmes are really good for the social side(like Stacey is doing) but not for much else. I think for me, I change my mind on programmes and set up packages when I was going to pay someone to apply for my visa for me and on a whim decided to do it myself, it was so easy, I then thought 'wow I could of paid an extra £80 to get someone to do it for me'. I then decided to do it all on my own and hope to meet people when i get there :D

If you need any advice on the way, don't be afraid to ask, we're all in the same boat :)

I'll have a look at the gap year programmer see what that is all about . I'm going on my own as well, eeeeek! Makes it scarier eh haha will be such an adventure though I'm guessing you just book a hostel for a couple if weeks and in those weeks try your dam hardest to get a job?

That's exactly my plan :) I'm going to enjoy one to two weeks 'holiday time' then plow into looking for a job, who knows where lol.