Can you get a visa after your WHV

tingtongman

It would be a tourist visa I'd think but not sure if they would grant you one given you've just had 2 years of WHV. Can only apply and see.

Hopefully others can shed more light.

If you do go that route, it may be looking into if an outward bound flight from Aus or some such for a set date will help your cause.

Not that I am aware of.

I think you have to apply in advance and see if it gets granted. Have a read of the 3 month holiday visa and see what the situation on it is.

• 2 weeks later...

or be frank with your circumstance and ask the DIA if you can get an extension of current visa or just a tourist visa as you want without leaving, as I suspect you can't immediately get a tourist visa whilst on a whv without leaving the shores..

Hi after my WHV, I want to stay for another 2weeks as a holiday, a few friends will be dropping in. Then I will leave with them.

After my WHV visa finishes, can I apply for any other type of visa to cover me for the 2 weeks without having to leave Oz?

thanks

It could go either way, no way of knowing if you will get it without applying. But certainly it is not a given and could well be refused.