Travel insurance on one way trip??

Guest PaulineG1982

Guest PaulineG1982

Hi there,

Can anyone advise what insurance to get when on a one way trip? obviously we are not returning to the UK and haven't a clue what company to use for this?

Any ideas please

Funnilly we had the exact same issue yesterday. I looked on travel supermarket.com but reading the policy documents they all stated the journey must start and end in the UK which obviously isn't happening so therefore if you were to claim they would want proof of your home journey and more than likely refuse to pay out.

I called a couple of insurers and they didn't do migrant insurance - there is a specific company go australia or something like that but they were £150 for a family of 4 for 21 days cover.

Eventually I called Virgin insurance and we got cover for about £60 which covers cancellation - baggage etc until such point you pass immigration in Oz where you then become a resident and do not require any further cover.

Its the best we could find on a budget - I can bear £60 but £150 was pushing it for us.

For some unknown reason I do have a soft spot for Richard Branson even though he is a billionaire - the Virgin rep was pleasant and easy to deal with.

Best of luck and hope that helps a bit - if you google migrant insurance you will get a few responses to give you a few more options

The Post Office do a one way travel insurance which will cover you up to 17 days after you arrive and is not too expensive. This gives you time to get your Medicare cards etc. You can't book it online though, you need to ring them.

Guest PaulineG1982

Thanks so much for the replies! I am grateful.

we have decided to use Walkabout, we will also use the discount code also!

Thanks for this! much appreciated.

Cheers :wubclub:

Archived