how long do you get to go when visas accepted

Guest lisaandnigel

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Lisa

Welcome to Poms in Oz

When the visa is granted, the letter gives a date (called the Initial Entry Date.) The visa label will say that it is not valid for travel to Australia after that date.

The date is usually 12 months after the earlier of the date of the Police checks or the Meds, though that can be reduced to six months if the chest x-rays reveal anything and the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth wants a follow-up x-ray done soon after the person arrives in Australia, just to make sure that nothing has changed.

Everybody included in the visa application must enter Australia on or before the Initial Entry Date, but a short reccie visit will do. It is not necessary to move to Australia lock, stock & barrel in great haste unless you are ready to do so and want to.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Lisa

Residency is not confirmed until the initial entry is made. It "crystallises" at the point of first entry into Australia using the new visa.

Cheers

Gill

MMMM... YOU GOT ME NOW NOT SURE THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE ... I DO KNOW THAT YOU CAN VALIDATE AND THEN LEAVE ON NEXT FLIGHT IF YOU WISH AND THEN RETURN AT A LATER DATE . IF YOU ARE GOING ON A PERMANENT VISA THEN IM SURE THATS YOU CLASSED AS A "RESIDENT". IM SURE SOMEONE WILL CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG !

MRS KEILY :wacko:

Archived