Medicals in Manchester

spenner

Hi guys.

Although I don't live in Manchester it's the nearest place for me on the Panel list of Medical Clinics.

Was just wanting to hear of peoples experiences at the two clinics in Manchester, the Spire and the Bridgewater.

I've had a heart attack in the past so I'm a bit apprehensive about the meds. After reading many posts about the subject I'm sure I've got nothing to worry about really, but there's a little nagging in the back of my mind.

Was just wanting to know how accomodating each clinic were and what info people took with them to the meds if they had any medical history.

Cheers,

Spenner.

Hi guys.

Although I don't live in Manchester it's the nearest place for me on the Panel list of Medical Clinics.

Was just wanting to hear of peoples experiences at the two clinics in Manchester, the Spire and the Bridgewater.

I've had a heart attack in the past so I'm a bit apprehensive about the meds. After reading many posts about the subject I'm sure I've got nothing to worry about really, but there's a little nagging in the back of my mind.

Was just wanting to know how accomodating each clinic were and what info people took with them to the meds if they had any medical history.

Cheers,

Spenner.

we went to the Spire, very professional and nice, I had to go back to repeat a urine sample...(5 hour round trip) once that was done we had our visa within 4 days...also they had an offer where the youngest child goes free. They also chatted about med history whilst doing usual bp, bloods, height, weight etc... Not sure what happens on a previous heart attack though.

Guest Australianinwaiting

On Heather's recommendation we went for our medicals to the Spire Manchester last week. It was a nightmare to find, but it ran really smoothly and everyone was really nice. Just waiting on the results now...

On Heather's recommendation we went for our medicals to the Spire Manchester last week. It was a nightmare to find, but it ran really smoothly and everyone was really nice. Just waiting on the results now...

when did you go? they really are wick at processing the results! All in all with my extra visit it took 9 working days!

I was going to ask how long it took. We went on Saturday and are doing the e-visa so I'm hoping we might have the results soon. Fingers crossed they're okay!

I was going to ask how long it took. We went on Saturday and are doing the e-visa so I'm hoping we might have the results soon. Fingers crossed they're okay!

did they give you any indication otherwise? They told us everything was ok bar the bloods which they couldn't. I was the only one revisiting for another sample which they told me about there. I should think they would have told you if anything was wrong...is this the last piece of the jig saw for you? mine even went to referred in the time span!

Hi there, first can i say... please try not to worry....:goofy: I worried so so much about the medical as I had a chest infection on the day of the xray and have a medical history of ME which was the most cause of my concern. However, if you search this site, you will see that as regards health issues, they are mainly concerned with illnesses that require expensive ongoing medical treatement - i.e. it will cost them money to continue treatment or there is a high risk of a requirement for future treatment. :) I understand that the key words here are "Expensive treatment". I am afraid i dont know much about heart issues, apart from the need to have some meds, but as a wild guess, i bet they are not anywhere in the region of cost compared to say for instance some canacer treatments. Maybe a search of the threads may turn up someone who was in a similar position to you. Good luck, keep calm, and try to stop worrying :) :cool:

No, there was no indication anything was wrong, but you know how worrying this whole thing is. Everything is done after this, so hopefully if the results are okay, we should get a visa. I can hardly say it in case I jinx it! Have you got your visa now? I'm sure I read that you did. Where are you going?

I went to the Spire and found them very efficient and professional but all very quick for the money paid! (I found them ok - had a sat nav and it took me straight to them). I was really suprised that they didn't really ask me about my medical history!! I have never had any major health problems but they didn't really ask! Can't comment though re heart problems, on the form you need to take you will declare it, not sure how they would follow it up...

My OH used Bridgewater. They also were very effieient and accommodating. He had had cancer and took all his notes and letters with him. By coincidence, his cancer check fell the day before his visa med. At his request they held back sending the results until they could add in the ones from the cancer clinic. They were very reassuring and kind despite him being the most stressed out ever over having the 2 medicals with so much hanging on them! Due to his stress his BP rose which added an extra complication. It was fine in the end - so try not to worry or let your BP go up. Good luck

Guest Kalinka

We went to the Spire and found them very friendly, professional, efficient and quick. We have two small children and they were very nice with them and it was great for us too because the offer was still on for the second child to go free, don't know what the situation is now.

No, there was no indication anything was wrong, but you know how worrying this whole thing is. Everything is done after this, so hopefully if the results are okay, we should get a visa. I can hardly say it in case I jinx it! Have you got your visa now? I'm sure I read that you did. Where are you going?

yes we got our visa last Friday, we sent our passports off on Monday and got them back yesterday. we are off to Adelaide, what about you? I know what you mean about tempting fate...my husband was telling his parents and other family we ad good as had our Visa and I was forevertelling him until we had the visa nothing was certain....

My OH used Bridgewater. They also were very effieient and accommodating. He had had cancer and took all his notes and letters with him. By coincidence, his cancer check fell the day before his visa med. At his request they held back sending the results until they could add in the ones from the cancer clinic. They were very reassuring and kind despite him being the most stressed out ever over having the 2 medicals with so much hanging on them! Due to his stress his BP rose which added an extra complication. It was fine in the end - so try not to worry or let your BP go up. Good luck

This is an awesome help..... as "Now Perth" also says...try not to worry :) :wink:

Hi guys.Although I don't live in Manchester it's the nearest place for me on the Panel list of Medical Clinics.Was just wanting to hear of peoples experiences at the two clinics in Manchester, the Spire and the Bridgewater.I've had a heart attack in the past so I'm a bit apprehensive about the meds. After reading many posts about the subject I'm sure I've got nothing to worry about really, but there's a little nagging in the back of my mind.Was just wanting to know how accomodating each clinic were and what info people took with them to the meds if they had any medical history.Cheers,Spenner.
i should have also said although it is hard not to worry, don't! Easiersaid than done when so much is riding on it, I was shaking uncontrollably, I couldn't sign my name!

Just as an aside, if anyone does have BP issues there are lots of things you can do to get it to drop significantly over the course of a couple of weeks - mainly diet related. Speak to your GP for advice or google it. A bit of effort and willpower required though!

yes we got our visa last Friday, we sent our passports off on Monday and got them back yesterday. we are off to Adelaide, what about you? I know what you mean about tempting fate...my husband was telling his parents and other family we ad good as had our Visa and I was forevertelling him until we had the visa nothing was certain....

We're hopefully off to Perth. It sounds like the immigration folk and their doctors are actually quite forgiving as long as any illnesses are over and done with, so to speak. I find it very reassuring. I can also confirm that the Spire offer for the youngest child to go free was still on on Saturday. To be honest, I would have been a bit peeved to have paid £75 for a lovely nurse to weigh and measure the height and head circ of my daughter. Seems a lot of money for that, but free works for me!

we went to the spire yesterday, it was a 3 hour drive. They were lovely and reassuring. They did say the appointment would take 1 hour but we were there 2. It was quite busy think there was a backlog due to people being late with the snow.

Archived