Perth Meet Today 02.12.07

Guest The Picketts

Guest The Picketts

Hi Ali - just wanted to say it was really good to meet you and yours today and all the other Perth Poms who were there. Thank you so much for making the arrangements. It was great to be able to put faces to names and I hope there will be more meets to come.

All the best - Cheryl :)

Guest billy braveheart

Hi

Yes we had a great day too thanks :biglaugh: Gary can't keep his eyes opened I think he's exhausted with all the running about.

Janette

Guest BullcreekBob

G'day

No rain, in fact the weather was a fairly perfect Perth early summer day. Warm without being hot.

I've got to rush to a family gathering so no time to have a proper look at the photos yet, but I have quickly uploaded a few of the to my Flickr site. Flickr: Photos from BullcreekBob I'll not name (and shame) anyone 'cos that could be an infringement of their rights but if you want to identify yourself by adding a comment feel free.

Take care

Bob in Bullcreek

I hope so too - it was a lovely way to spend a sunday - Bob is going to post the photo's he took.

Ali

Sorry we couldn't make it..................... something very urgent came up so we had to cancel at the last minute.

Still have our fold-up chairs and a few drinks in the back of the car.................. we were probably about 20 minutes away from heading off to Kings Park this morning when we got a most urgent phone call and had to post haste do a detour.

Pleased all went well for everyone............ from what little bit of the outside I have seen today the weather was just perfect for your gathering.

regards to all

Johnno

Great photo's bob (I thought you were going to airbrush me and make me a size 6) - thank you for being the PIO beacon - once you arrived the crowds gathered.

Tom is shattered too Janette - apparently he's going to be an honorary scot next time, he enjoyed hanging out with Gary and Ross - even Alex had a good time.!

Hope your urgent matter has resolved Johnno sorry you couldn't make it, but sometimes other things are more important - hopefully you'll be at the next one.

Ali

Guest Sexy Welsh Aussie Bird

Sorry I didnt make it guys but hubby was on call and needed the car( someone called in sick so he was next on the rosta ), hopefully we will be at the next one, I intend to have my own wheels by then!!!!! Hope you all had a good time !!!

Sian xxxx

Great photo's bob (I thought you were going to airbrush me and make me a size 6) - thank you for being the PIO beacon - once you arrived the crowds gathered.

Tom is shattered too Janette - apparently he's going to be an honorary scot next time, he enjoyed hanging out with Gary and Ross - even Alex had a good time.!

Hope your urgent matter has resolved Johnno sorry you couldn't make it, but sometimes other things are more important - hopefully you'll be at the next one.

Ali

I was so looking forward to the Kings Park Gig ........... and I purposely set up a Home-open free weekend............. that was going to be my first full weekend off for ages....... we had a dummy run out to Kings Park the previous Sunday......... but I had to work the day before. This weekend was going to be magic as I had planned to take both days off and was looking forward to it.

Unfortunately we have my brother-in-law in hospital at present following a triple bypass op ............. we were all set to head off to Kings Park for the day only to hear that things weren't going too well for him as following surgery he developed some sort of a clot whist in IC and had to be rushed back to theatre to undergo more surgery............. I'm pleased to report he is okay now to a degree.......... still very, very sore ................ but on the mend.

They have had a real bad time of late............... I've never known anyone to have so much bad luck .......... this family certainly has had a raw deal all round!

His wife (my wife's sister) was medivacced down from Port Hedland the middle of last year for some tests........... turned out she had bone cancer ............. she was only 45 years old and they have two 11 year old twin boys. My wife gave up her job to look after her sister; and we brought the other sister over from America to help out .......... unfortunately my sister-in-law passed away almost a year ago to the day despite a very brave attempt to fight her illness.

Following on from last year's turn of events...... the family have recently relocated to Perth from Port Hedland ............. they only live 5 minutes away from us........... just round the corner nearby also at Carramar. The boys got settled into a new school ......... and as a family they had began to pick up the pieces................ all was going real well considering........... brother-in-law has transferred down to head office in St Georges Terrace .......... while walking there from the train he felt unwell and keeled over ............ next thing he was in hospital. Luckily they found he had these problems in ample time and were able to rectify same.

Will definitely be at the next meeting.

Glad to hear your brother in law is on the mend so to speak, your family certainly deserves a turn of luck. Hopefully at the next one, your brother in law may be well enough to come too - it was a really relaxing afternoon - I'm certain there'll be another now we know how to get organised.

Ali

Glad to hear your brother in law is on the mend so to speak, your family certainly deserves a turn of luck. Hopefully at the next one, your brother in law may be well enough to come too - it was a really relaxing afternoon - I'm certain there'll be another now we know how to get organised.

Ali

Thanks for that............. spoke with him today and he's in better spirits despite the pain.

Can hold a gathering at our place in a few months once all the renovations are complete if you want .............. once the new patio extension is finished tradition says we have to wet the concrete anyway............. we've had just short of 70 cars parked on our land..................... 100 plus people no problem. We used to do a lot of entertaining in the past.

Brickies haven't turned up yet though................. they promised me faithfully they'd be finished by Christmas................ but i can't see it as they haven't even started yet?

Archived