Partner Visa (subclass 820/801) getting ready to submit

Guest kcnpom

Guest kcnpom

Hi All

I've been a reader of these forums for a while now and the time has come for me to get really serious about our application. I'm an Aussie, but my partner is from the UK. He is currently with me in Oz on a working holiday visa, we have been together for 3 years and prior to us moving here in Oct 2010, lived together in UK for almost a year.

We're at the point where we have everything almost ready to go, but I just had a few questions before we go further:

Currently we have - form 80, form 40SP, form 47SP, our statements, certified copies of id documents, passport photos supporting docs (bank, lease, photos, invites, emails) and many stat decs (form 888) from friends and family.

Do we need to have his police checks and/or medical (form 26 & 160) to send with the initial submission? or will they request these once they have recieved the application?

Is there anything else we have missed?

Any advice or suggestions will be very helpful!

Guest GoldCoastMag

We sent our application and waited to be asked for the medical and police checks, but that was overseas so someone applying onshore may be along soon,

best of luck

Hi,

i have just gone through all this and am just waiting for the approval to come through. I'm from the UK and the wife is from Oz.

You sound pretty well covered to be honest.

When i initially handed my application in, i didn't have the form 80 or my medical results, although i had had the medical.

You can hand the info you have in now as long as you just put a cover letter stating what is missing and that they will be in ASAP. The quicker you do this, the better. Although it can delay slightly the approval of the visa, residency is granted 2 years from the date that the application is received by immigration regardless of how long the visa takes to approve or what documents are missing initially.

If there is anything else you have missed off, immigration will let you know anyway.

Thom

Guest kcnpom

thankyou GoldCoastMag and Thom.

Thom - its just a different process than what I went through for UK working holiday, where if you left something out they just declined your application, it seems they are very happy to work with you for your benefit!

I think we'll get it all sent off and do what you suggested. Thanks again!

Edited by kcnpom

It is different.

I first came out here on a WHV and met the wife here pretty mucg as soon as i landed!

The visa info should have a checklist of everything you need to hand in. As long as your cover letter states what is missing, then that's fine. Once the application is recieved, they send a confirmation letter stating they have recieved your application and what else is needed.

I hand delivered my application in at the Sydney Immigration office (just near Central station if you're down this way), told them basically what the cover letter said and they said it's fine. Anything missing, they will let you know.

Try not to worry about it too much, it's a long process!

Have you sent off for the police check and applied for the medical? When i applied, the police check took about 2 weeks to come through and the medical about a week, so not too long to wait, but like i said, the quicker you get the app in, the quicker he can get residency.

Thom

Hi,

Im an aussie and my UK bf and I applied onshore as we met overhere just over 12mths ago. We sent off the medical and police checks (uk and aus)with the application along with everything else and had the visa granted within 3 days :-) I know some people that have waited until contacted for these forms and are still waiting for the visa grant nearly 12 mths on..