Work wear...

ozindublin

Hi guys,

Just been thinking about interviews etc... what would you wear to a job interview in Perth, for administration, IT roles?

and then after the first interview is a flying success, and you go into the best job in the world (and earning $200 p/h), what do you wear? Is it more casual?

thanks guys,

Just checking cause we'll need to pack the appropriate wear in the suitcases.

Cheers again,

Ozindublin

Guest The Pom Queen

Shorts and a t shirt

aussie.jpg

No seriously, wear suit pants and a shirt/tie, don't bother with the jacket you will bake.

aussie.jpg

I was about to recommend taking a jacket with you anyway but then I saw you are going to be interviewing in Perth and wouldn't know what to recommend there. My experience so far over here is that I need to dress up a little bit more for work than I had to in the UK but the rule still seems to be smart-casual albeit on the dressy/smarter side of casual. During the summer, it seems safe to say that shorts are acceptable as long as they too are smart.

Best of luck. :)

Im in north queensland for me the dress code is far more casual but im working at a uni!

Was in perth a couple of years ago, skirt and blouse or a smart dress (assuming you are a girl!) or trousers shirt and maybe a tie seemed to be the go unless very important meeting and I saw a few suits come out but most of the time not..too warm although be aware of the perils of Air con...In the UK I would happily sit next to an open window all though the winter and not be cold....here the air con means I am sometime chily and wear a cardi over my dress! ITs bizzare!

Archived