Online Visa Help. which Family members not going with me do i need to give details of

seraphim

HI,

I wondered if I could pick the brains of someone who has applied themselves online.

There is a section that asks for details of all family including those that aren't emigrating with you.

I assume as I'm the applicant and my partner and I are not married that only me and my partner and our daugter are those going, and only MY parents and Sibling are needed in the details of other family?

OR do we need her family too? How far down do we go? neices?, uncles?

Ta!

You need to provide both details of both you and your partners parents and siblings details

Provide details of ALL your family. Include family members that are not accompanying you to Australia as well as deceased family members. Where appropriate, you are required to provide details of the following family members:

• Your parents
  • All your brothers and sisters (including full, half, step and adopted brothers and sisters)
  • All your children (including children from previous marriages/relationships)
  • All your other dependents (including any dependent children of a dependent

You need to provide both details of both you and your partners parents and siblings details

Provide details of ALL your family. Include family members that are not accompanying you to Australia as well as deceased family members. Where appropriate, you are required to provide details of the following family members:

• Your parents

• All your brothers and sisters (including full, half, step and adopted brothers and sisters)

• All your children (including children from previous marriages/relationships)

• All your other dependents (including any dependent children of a dependent

For my situation (not married) I called london and asked and they said that it was only MY family (father/mother/sister) not my partners. This may I guess be different if they were 'in-laws' legally?

Anyhow, applied now and on to a whole new world of confusion with a website with tonnes of broken and missing links (immi.gov.au!)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdfhttp://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf See question 68 on paper copy

If you are unsure you should be asking a RMA - often calling the helplines they give you wrong or misleading information, and when you call back you can get a different answer - hey are not accountable for the advice they give you.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdfhttp://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1276.pdf See question 68 on paper copy

If you are unsure you should be asking a RMA - often calling the helplines they give you wrong or misleading information, and when you call back you can get a different answer - hey are not accountable for the advice they give you.

Yes but they cost £££ (which we don't have much spare of given that the validation trip I ever might cost upwards of £10K!) Although I see your point about the lack of accountability for the advice given by the London branch of DIAC.

Just spoken to my sister, she doesn't even have a passport! What now!?!?!?!

(and how to find out the parents details wthout telling them we're thinking of moving round the world?!?!?!)

Yes but they cost £££ (which we don't have much spare of given that the validation trip I ever might cost upwards of £10K!) Although I see your point about the lack of accountability for the advice given by the London branch of DIAC.

Just spoken to my sister, she doesn't even have a passport! What now!?!?!?!

(and how to find out the parents details wthout telling them we're thinking of moving round the world?!?!?!)

You dont need anyones passport details. Only the people who are migrating which are in the application.

All it asks for is Name/DOB/relationship status/current counrty of residence

I see the link not working - google - immi 1276 and it will take up the pdf ctrl f enter 68 to find relevent question

I thought it was just the main applicants family members details that they were asking for - I didn't enter any details for my husbands family on my 175 visa? It just asked for names & DOB too - not passport details. Have I done it wrong?

We entered both - as I had gone through the paper copy before doing the online one, because it states both you and your parnter. We were not asked for Form 80, which is were you also provide this information. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

I think you are asked this if any applicant wants to sponsor family members in the future - as if they should be family members on your original application. (I am sure I read somewhere of people trying to sponsor family members to Australia who were not really family)

• 10 months later...

Hi, I am struggling with filling in details relating to my parents. My biological father, who I never met, is now deceased, I think he went on to have other children.. But I don't know, and know his mother is also dead I have no idea how to find this out. My mum re-married when I was small, and I have a half sister, this is the person I think of as Dad. unfortunately he is also deceased. Finally my mother is in a de facto relationship with someone who has grown up children. Who do I put down, I potentially have to add these extra siblings, but they are strangers to me... Thanks....

Archived