Very first step, IELTS test done.

Tosh

Hi I would need to get an 8 in the IELTS can you tell me which one you took the standard or academic, not sure which I need to take and any advise would be very helpful, thanks.

If you are just taking the IELTS test to get extra points for DIAC then the standard test is acceptable. If you are taking the IELTS test as part of professional recognition eg nursing then you need to take the academic test.

From the IELTS website - "The General Training format focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts. It is typically for those who are going to English-speaking countries to do secondary education, work experience or training programs. People migrating to Australia, Canada and New Zealand must sit the General Training test.

It should be noted that certain professions require an Academic test result for registration and migration purposes."

tick tock tick tock am stalking the results website i might get my IELTS results early :-)

Good luck, the results should be in from the time the date shows up on the "date of test" menu option:biggrin:. And you have to fill in ALL the info too.

Good luck, the results should be in from the time the date shows up on the "date of test" menu option:biggrin:. And you have to fill in ALL the info too.

Nothing ye so far and am off to sleep...lol

Archived