advice please! Skills Assessment, SS then 176

ztjt2003

Hi everyone

I am at the start of the process of trying to apply for a state sponsored 176 before July, although hope is fading!! I have sent off for my skills assessment with the Australian Psychological Society who have acknowledged my application but said that current processing times are 8 weeks :arghh:

As I understand it, I can only begin my state sponsorship application once I have this. Then, only after I have state sponsorship (about 4-5 weeks at moment), can I apply for the visa. Is this right? I just wanted to check there is no possibility of lodging my visa application before any of these stages are complete? There is a slim chance, very slim, that I may make June but I will have to wait and see. I imagine state sponsorhsip applications are getting busy in the run up to July.

If anyone has any advice, I'd be really grateful. It doesn't help that we keep changing our minds between Adelaide and Melbourne (due to affordability) so we have the time it takes for my skills assessment to be complete to decide!!

Thanks (in advance!)

Zoe

Hi,

If you have Victoria in mind then you can lodge the SS before your skills are assessed but it'll only be granted once you have the assessment report. It does save some time by doing those in parallel. Check the Victoria SS threads in here. Good luck!

Hi,

If you have Victoria in mind then you can lodge the SS before your skills are assessed but it'll only be granted once you have the assessment report. It does save some time by doing those in parallel. Check the Victoria SS threads in here. Good luck!

Thanks, that's a great help, I'm glad of any shortcuts given the time frame! I wondered because the victoria website says it will not consider aaplications until they have skills assessments but I wondered if you could make a start.

I'll check out those posts too!

Thanks for replying so quickly!

Zoe

I think Victoria is the only one that allows you to lodge an application without a skills assessment. As tooz mentions, they won't actually grant you SS until you send them a positive skills assessment. However, if you need to take IELTS, you need to submit that with your application.

[h=3]What documents are required as part of the sponsorship application?[/h] As part of your online application you must attach:

• a detailed resume
  • a Sponsorship Declaration – available to download in the initial stages of the application
  • an IELTS assessment (unless you are exempt)
  • an offer of employment – this is only mandatory if you are applying for Skilled - Regional Sponsorship or it is a requirement for your occupation.

The following documents are not required at the initial time of application; however they may be requested during the assessment process:

• skill(s) assessment (this will only be requested prior to approval)
  • trade qualification/certificates.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/faqs-about-skilled-state-sponsorship-and-visas

I think Victoria is the only one that allows you to lodge an application without a skills assessment. As tooz mentions, they won't actually grant you SS until you send them a positive skills assessment. However, if you need to take IELTS, you need to submit that with your application.

What documents are required as part of the sponsorship application?

As part of your online application you must attach:

• a detailed resume

• a Sponsorship Declaration – available to download in the initial stages of the application

• an IELTS assessment (unless you are exempt)

• an offer of employment – this is only mandatory if you are applying for Skilled - Regional Sponsorship or it is a requirement for your occupation.

The following documents are not required at the initial time of application; however they may be requested during the assessment process:

• skill(s) assessment (this will only be requested prior to approval)

• trade qualification/certificates.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/faqs-about-skilled-state-sponsorship-and-visas

Thanks that's great, don't know how I mis-read that bit! I have now completed my application tonight!! Once I have finished the declaration, I'm going to send it. I am not doing an IELTS as I don't need it to get 60 points (SS gives me the 65). I am a bit worried about whether they think my points are the minimum, but my occupation is 'green' so I hope that helps!

Archived