UrgentNeed Help!!!!!

mr luvpants

Hello peepsA friend of mine applied for a 176 visa in July last year and has had a few personal issues over the last few months and had not checked the application status as he had not recieved any emails from them. He checked his application status last night and the page said that he had been asked to supply certain docs and to go for his medical on 26 October 2011. All the docs that they were asking for were sent in the initial application. Obviously he can resend the docs and go for his medical ASAP but what is worrying him is that his application says "finalised" on the 25th January 2012.Can somebody please confirm what "finalised" means and how it can be reinsated or appealed against? The Application says that he was sent various emails but he has not recieved any emails from them. We tried calling them tonight and sent an email, but we were a bit too late and my mate is really worried that he may have blown it.Any advice would be appreciated!JOHN

The no-email thing happened to a friend of mine. Luckily, he checked the status before the end of the 28 day period and eventually got his grant. When informed, the CO said there was a bug in the system.

Your friend's CO would be the best person to advise on this matter. If it has been rejected I am afraid your friend will have to lodge a new application but I could be wrong.

If it is saying finalised sounds like they made a decision with the information that they had as the time - as they did not have medicals or PCC they visa couldnt have been granted.

Maybe get some advice from a RMA. He might be better reapplying than trying to appeal.

Archived