Victoria Park, Perth - Whats it like

Goochie

Guest AKA63029

Hi Goochie.

Used to work in Vic Park, (council) on the whole found it pleasant enough with all the amenities I wanted around, well at least a few delis for smoko anyway,:yes:.

Kidding aside, there were a few areas where it 'could' be a bit iffy, (as with ANY suburb) but on the whole a great place.

Cheers Tony.

I know the area quite well. It is close to the city across the river. It is an older suburb, perhaps a little in common with Melbourne than the usual Perth thing. I mean this in the sense of a large,if rather sprawling main street area,which consists of a number of eating establishments and older type shops together with supermarkets etc.

The actual is quite a mix of nice middle of the range housing to flats and some problem areas o flats in paricular. There are a number of folk with various issues from being mentally disturbed to drug users and homeless, so it is an all round suburb.

There are nunerous Real Estate agencies on the main street Also lots of car yards..as in second hand. That should give you a general idea.....

I'm very much enjoying living in Vic Park. Can walk to the CBD, river, pubs, restaurants etc. There's all the amenities I need, train and buses too. Some corners of it seem a little run down, but for the money, the location's suited us very well. Broadband speed/mobile reception seem OK too.

Archived