someone to travel with?

Guest MrMisery

Guest MrMisery

i'm David, 19 , from Dublin, Ireland... just wondering is there anybody interested in maybe travelling to Oz, as i'm going it alone, in either August or September

i'm David, 19 , from Dublin, Ireland... just wondering is there anybody interested in maybe travelling to Oz, as i'm going it alone, in either August or September

Rather like the name ....Just to warn you it somtimes appears half of the Irish population is in Perth as well as the entire County Tipperary. There are at last count three Irish households in my street.

Plenty of Irish and Irish theme pubs in the city and lots of Irish backpackers working here. It's hard the first time away but don't be too daunted it'll fel like a walk in the park in no time.

Not sure which city you aer heading for but Sydney has loads of Irish can't speak for the others but I expect they can be found everywhere. Enjoy Oz...

Guest MrMisery

Yeah I can't wait :) I'm going to book straight into a hostel for when I arrive, I've heard it's a great way if meeting fellow bag packers

A good link http://www.travellers.com.au/

When I went ont on my WHV I went with BUNAC http://www.bunac.org/uk/workaustralia/

Mainly because I was going by myself and wanted to meet people so it wasnt so scary and that I wasnt tied down to travelling with them. 14 of us met in London had stop over in Thialand and then was in Hostal for week together. 6 of us got a house to share in Sydney for a few months. It cost a bit more but was great.

Saying that if I had just done it myself I would have managed no problem. Check in to hostal - people are falling over them selves to meet people. Do a few backpacker trips, some fruit picking. Its too easy to be honest.

Hey Mr.Misery, enjoy your time in Oz. I was 29 on my first trip and I had a ball. I wish I was there aged 19. I'm certain you'll meet loads of people who are not Irish too.

Tell me about it! I went last year and felt really old at 29!! Not stopping me going back though! Brush up on your German I'd say, I met loads of lovely German peeps

Tell me about it! I went last year and felt really old at 29!! Not stopping me going back though! Brush up on your German I'd say, I met loads of lovely German peeps

That'll be my age too, bit gutted but oh well here and now and I guess. Good tip on the German btw heard there's loads.

That'll be my age too, bit gutted but oh well here and now and I guess. Good tip on the German btw heard there's loads.

nah, makes no difference really, still a kid at heart! I can't wait to go back, reckon i'll make more of it being a bit older and wiser and less shy!

Archived