457 visa offered, can I accept it???? help.

Hi,

I've been offered a job as a Industrial Engineer, (Coal Processing Plant, Wear resistant linings).

I have over 20 years experience designing and installing wear resistant linings and Epoxy Resin screeds to coal handling plants. 10 years as managing Director.

My query is, I have no formal qualification for this job. It is on the SOL list (Schedule 1).

1. Can I accept this position on a 457 sponsor visa, without having my skills assessed? I have met the employer and explained this, and he has offered me the position based on my CV and the knowledge I have.

2 If my skills need to be assessed, How do I do this, and how long would it take, no qualifications only experience, and the job is available for immediate start.

Any advice would be appreciated as I need to act on this quickly. Thank You.

You do not require a skills assessment for a 457 visa, therefore due to you having the relevent work experiance I cant see why not you cannot accept the position.

After 2 years working in Australia on 457 (1 year with current employer), they can sponsor your for PR without you having to get a skills assessment done.

Hi,

I've been offered a job as a Industrial Engineer, (Coal Processing Plant, Wear resistant linings).

I have over 20 years experience designing and installing wear resistant linings and Epoxy Resin screeds to coal handling plants. 10 years as managing Director.

My query is, I have no formal qualification for this job. It is on the SOL list (Schedule 1).

1. Can I accept this position on a 457 sponsor visa, without having my skills assessed? I have met the employer and explained this, and he has offered me the position based on my CV and the knowledge I have.

2 If my skills need to be assessed, How do I do this, and how long would it take, no qualifications only experience, and the job is available for immediate start.

Any advice would be appreciated as I need to act on this quickly. Thank You.

You should proceed with caution.

The problem you have is that if the company nominates the occupation of Industrial Engineer, you would be unlikely to gain a visa, as this is an occupation which under the classification system requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Because it is a “Skill Level 1” occupation, experience is not acceptable in lieu of formal qualifications as it is with many other occupations.

Archived