Furniture issue

Guest Colin and amy

Guest Colin and amy

Hi guys,

As most people are aware it seems very hard to find furnished property so we were looking at many threads regarding places to go in order to buy household items such as a sofa etc etc.

www.fantasticfurniture.com.au looks like a good place to start as they do packages etc but has anyone actually purchased anything from them before and if so ,is the stuff any good bearing in mind it is fairly budget oriented?

It seems like a very good place in order to get you started considering we are going out with just are suitcases and the clothes on are back ahhhhhhhh:wacko:

Bye for now and thanks for all your support peeps

Colin and Amy

Yes fantastic furniture is a great place for the homestarter packages but be warned. We were going to buy one of their packages and changed our minds for the following reasons:

1. they would only deliver on a specific day in each area and couldn't specify a time so one of us would have had to have lost a days pay to wait in for the furniture.
  2. they didn't have everything in the pack in stock. We asked if we could switch sofas for one of the same value, yes they said and added an extra $100 for the privilege
  3. the stuff that wasn't in stock we would have had to pick up ourselves or pay another delivery charge
  4. the mattress on the bed is only a foam one and not recommended for regular use - if you want a different mattress, again its an extra charge

They do have some very good packages at reasonable prices but it isn't all as simple as it seems. Maybe it was just the store we were at but we ended up going to Sydney's instead and got a brilliant deal on a bed - queensize, complete with mattress, 4 pillows, queensize duvet and duvet cover, pillow cases, fitted sheet and topsheet. We got 2 nice sofas as well. Sydney's were great in my opinion and I would recommend a visit.

Felicity:wubclub:

Hi, we arrived in Adelaide 12 days ago and went to Ikea on the afternoon we arrived. They will deliver, they use a local firm who I think have a franchaise got our stuff the next day. Also you can order on line. Not sure what part of oz you are going to but try the website. Good luck .

Monty

Guest Colin and amy

Thanks for the feedback, we are off to Glenmore Park area possibly so we will be near the better store by the sounds of it in Sydney.

Cheers

Colin and Amy:goofy:

I think if your on a budget then fantastic is a great place to go.We bought a sofa fom there and it was delivered in 2 hours of purchase,i think we were just very lucky that day.Thier stuff is aimed at customers on a budget i think as the stuff is great value.I would not expect it last for years but it helps get you started.

Our sofa is doing well,and thats with my little one climbing all over it lol,and when it has had it day,i wuold not hesitate to buy again from fantastic.

Wishing you the very best with your move to Australia,i hope everything works out for you.

Take care

Mandy

Guest Colin and amy

Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback guys, at least we now know what to watch out for and that there is light at the end of the tunnel with fantastic furniture.

Just that we are like most and are ging out with a tight budget and wanted something just to get us started really, as long as it lasts us for a year or so until we get sorted etc and wil have to consider getting a different type of bed then by the sounds of it?

Cheers

Colin and amy

Archived