Another Vetassess question on the points advice service - sorry guys!!

smithinoz

If you need to get the 15 points for the overseas employment catergory, does Vetassess need to determine whether you qualify for this? I see you can pay an extra $300AUD for them to write you a points advice letter.

Or can you state you are wanting to claim the 15 points on the 176 application and let the immigration case officer decide?

I don't want to hold my vetassess up as they take forever anyway, but I also want to ensure I get the best opportunity to get the 15 points.

Help please ...............:err:

From what I understand, assessment bodies are only to give an opinion of your skilled employment and the final decision to grant you points will be in the hands of DIAC.

You can apply to DIAC without getting skilled employment assessed. I think, assessing bodies may not take extra time to process that. When they pick-up your app they'll do that at the same time.

As Tooz said its only an opinion they give. When I applied through Vetassess I decided against requesting the letter because its an opinion only and DIAC can decide otherwise, secondly I thought it was pretty expensive on top of an expensive fee anyway, and thirdly I wanted my application to be processed ASAP and didn't want anything to add to the processing time with the July 2012 changes looming. Vetassess turned round my application pretty quickly which I was pleased about.

As Tooz said its only an opinion they give. When I applied through Vetassess I decided against requesting the letter because its an opinion only and DIAC can decide otherwise, secondly I thought it was pretty expensive on top of an expensive fee anyway, and thirdly I wanted my application to be processed ASAP and didn't want anything to add to the processing time with the July 2012 changes looming. Vetassess turned round my application pretty quickly which I was pleased about.

thebokke, may I ask what profession you applied under for Vetassess? It seems like your application was processed well under the 12-16 weeks most people seem to be quoting!

thebokke, may I ask what profession you applied under for Vetassess? It seems like your application was processed well under the 12-16 weeks most people seem to be quoting!

Mine was for Environmental Manager. I had a birthday coming up which will affect my points so asked for an urgent processing of my application which they accepted. I didn't request any extras like points advice because I wanted it processing as quick as possible. I was really suprised to get a turnaround that quickly as I was fully expecting 12 weeks.

What profession are you having assessed and have they had your application long? Are you applying for state sponsorhip?

Mine was for Environmental Manager. I had a birthday coming up which will affect my points so asked for an urgent processing of my application which they accepted. I didn't request any extras like points advice because I wanted it processing as quick as possible. I was really suprised to get a turnaround that quickly as I was fully expecting 12 weeks.

What profession are you having assessed and have they had your application long? Are you applying for state sponsorhip?

I'm applying as an Urban Planner. They received my application 9/2 and documents 16/2, so it's only been less than 4 weeks. I guess I was hoping for a quick turnaround for non-urgent applications! :biggrin: I have an application in to VIC right now for state sponsorship.

Archived