Coming to melbourne in 3 weeks...anyone around?

gemstone

Hello

Me and OH are coming over in April (from 1st) for 2 weeks. We are moving in October but need to validate. I know Melbourne reasonably well as have been there 3 or 4 times before, however looking to start making contacts/friends and to get advice from people who have been there and done it as it were. I have 1 contact already but would be greatful to hear from anyone who might be around.

Cheers G

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We like Point Cook, we are renting at the moment. Shopping centre is small but we can get most things we want and if we cant get them then we are about 20 minutes drive from Werribee, probably not even that. We are 15 minutes drive from Altona beach too which we like but other people dont tend to. I dont know why though. Not sure whether you have children but schools around here are good, my two children have settled in really well.

We have only been to Geelong for a day trip and found the beach great and nice bars too.

Good luck with your plans

Caroline

Guest guest48800

Hello Gemstone, apologies for jumping in on your thread! we're also over for our validation visit at the same time as you, we'll be based on the western side in Altona, so will be checking out Point Cook and surrounding area. If you fancy meeting up and comparing notes with bods in the same boat we'd be more than happy to.

Hello Caroline, We'd love to meet up with you if you're around and happy to do so? Would be lovely to hear how you're settling in point Cook and how you're kids are getting on, we'll be over with our 6 year old daughter.

We are also in the west, and have been here almost 4yrs, happy to meet up for a chat.

We do not have young Children (all grown up and left home) but interested in meeting all sorts LOL

Maybe we could organize a meet in a park? Or family friendly restaurant?

Guest guest48800

Yes it's the Easter fortnight Caroline, our trip has been dictated by school holidays.

A park meet up sounds good KazzE, we're meeting family over the Easter weekend but other than that we don't have anything set as yet, hoping to maybe get in to see some schools but not holding out much hope as it's the holidays, so we're open to meeting whenever suits you.:smile:

Hi There.

We've been over here 4wks now living in Heatherton which is just a little in land from Mentone .If you have a car it's a lovely area beaches 10min's in car Southlands shopping centre is massive and has everything you could ever want and it's not the biggest either. We have 3 children who have just started in school ( wow thats so different ) 2 have gone back a grade due to birthdays and ability. Everything and every place is closer than you think .

Good luck with your visit

Sarah

Hi! We are family from just outside Wolverhampton also on validation recce over Easter holidays planning to head out later in year. Apologies for jumping onto thread, it's my first Poms In Oz post but I couldn't resist replying when I saw the locations of everyone! Our 2 children are 3 and 4, and it'd be greast to meet up with others in similar situations whilst in Melbourne.

Not long to go now!

Cath

Hi we too are in Melbourne two weeks over Easter, if something gets organised will do our best to come along.

Anyone flying out of Heathrow Friday evening, 30th. Would be great to catch up with others.

Hi we are flying out friday eve from Heathrow as well...what airline are you with? I can not wait.... so excited :)

Guest guest48800

Where abouts is everyone staying for their trip? We'll be based on the western side in Altona.

Caroline has suggested a Meet up / BBQ in a park..which park do you think would be good Caroline?

Guest guest48800

Me again! If there's a bunch of us all sat around at the airport, do you fancy meeting up for a coffee?

Archived