WA State Sponsorship

Candygirl

Am I correct in thinking that the state sponsorhip lasts a year?

Could we apply for state sponsorship to WA even though we are still currently having our skills assessed?

Would this then help us with the visa appl before the 1 July changes. Our agent is saying "don't worry" about the changes, but we are!!!

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Guest kianobeano

Hi candygirl,

as far as i know you need the skill assessed first for them to decide to sponsor you.

ANd i could be wrong but i might have read somewhere on here the state sponsor lasts 60 days.

were also worried bout july , but im gonna have to relax now as theres prob no way its gonna happen for us !!

jen

You must have your skills assessment completed before you can apply for state sponsorship - State sponsorship is allocated based on your occupation and you cant claim an occupation without a skills assessment.

Once sponsorship is given, you then have 60 or 90 days (depending on state) to lodge your 176 Visa application.

Thanks Guys. Wishful thinking then!!!! If I could climb the walls I would be.

My OH has been away for 3 days and is off again tomorrow for another 3 days and I am trying to do everything I can to get us through the skills assessment and then we have to do it all over again with TRA - I am losing the will to live here today.

Archived