Dual registered nurse/midwives HELP

tomabbie

I have today received my letter of eligibility from APHRA but instead of celebrating am majorly confused. I applied for registration as both a midwife and a nurse but have only received a letter of eligibility as a registered nurse arrgh!! I definitely provided evidence in respect of both of my qualifications so why have they just done the nursing?

The problem is that my job offer is for a midwifery post not a nursing one so really need my RM. Have tried to get through to them and have emailed them but no response as yet.

Am I panicking about nothing and my letter of eligibility for midwifery will follow in the next few days?

Has this happened to anyone else? Will never complain about the NMC again!

Hope someone can peel me off the ceiling as am fuming!

Kirstie x

:arghh:

How long have you been registered as a Midwife? Perhaps its because they require so many years post qualification experience, could that be the case? Just a thought. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Sara x

How long have you been registered as a Midwife? Perhaps its because they require so many years post qualification experience, could that be the case? Just a thought. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Sara x

I've been qualified as a midwife 10 years now so don't think thats the problem, just hoping its an oversight on their part.

Kirstie x

And breath ........ Got up at 5am to ring APHRA I got through and they were very helpful, apparently there is a different department for nursing and midwifery, the people in the nursing department are obviously more efficient as my midwifery application is just about to go through for final approval. Panicking over nothing need a large G & T now but instead have got to get ready for work.

Hmm it's a strange one. My Fiance is a Paediatric nurse and from what I can understand unlike the UK you don't have to train as a Paediatric Nurse, in Aus you train as an adult nurse then do a 'course' which enables you to work with children. I have even seen job adverts advertising Paediatric roles (to adult nurses) which to me, hint that you work towards child qualification on the job...

So maybe it's similar with Midwifery, everyone's registered as a nurse then has the additional training course as a sub heading on the registration?? Who knows?!

Archived