Interesting Books (that might help)

ali

One of our younger members having just moved to Aus suggested a book which has helped her. The book is Angel Cake by Cathy Cassidy and whilst about someone moving to Britain, probably explores a lot of feelings that people can relate to.

[h=3]Angel Cake - By Cathy Cassidy

Will Anya’s new beginning have a happy ending?[/h]‘I’m excited about moving, but scared as well . . .’

Anya used to dream of moving to Britain to start a brand-new life. But as she sits in a school where nobody understands her, she dreams of Polish summer skies and the place where she once belonged.

Then Anya meets bad boy Dan. He’s no angel, but she’s sure there’s a sweeter side to him. And when things begin to fall apart, Anya realizes she’s not alone – how can Dan be such bad news when being with him feels like heaven?

Please feel free to add to the thread with the title, author and a little bit about the book (I just copied and pasted the blurb). Also books that might help the little ones too about Australia.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read/participate in the younger ones threads

Ali

Remember me by lesley pearse....

In 1786 a fisherman's daughter from Cornwall called Mary Broad was sentenced to be hung for theft. But her sentence was commuted, and she was transported to Australia, one of the first convicts to arrive there.

How Mary escaped the harsh existence of the colony and found true love, and how she was captured and taken back to London in chains, only to be released after a trial where she was defended by no less than James Boswell, is one of the most gripping and moving stories of human endeavour (based on an amazing true story) you will ever read

Guest Princessoftheworld20

Hi Ai,

Thank you very much for suggesting my book... And believe me, it is amazing everyone and you will love it!