Recruitment Agency - Who ?

mwgster

Hi

We will be holidaying in Perth on the 29th of March 2012 for 2 weeks.

We applied for a 175 Skilled Independent Visa October of last year.

This is a holiday come reckie.

We hope to find out a bit more about housing, cost of living and job prospects.

So, my question is, could anybody recommend a good recruitment agency that would be willing to see us during our holiday ? I have not had any response from agencies in the past so am wondering am I wasting my time until I hopefully have the visa in my hand?

I am a software engineer / IT Manager and my wife is a Legal Practice Manager.

Any help/opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

I'm in IT and found Hays very good. You might struggle without yet having a visa (can be very frustrating - but don't let it get you down. You'll get bored of hearing "we like you, come and see us once you've got your visa").

Cheers Phil... I did sort of hope it was to do with the fact that I do not have a visa! It would be nice to meet somebody face to face while we are on holiday. It may then cement what we feel is available career wise, what likely salaries are going to be etc etc.

Hi, i can second hays they are pretty good and they pay well with good benefits as well i worked with them a few times in various places in oz as a sparkie. however always check your payslips they made a mistake on mine more than once! i tend to just throw my payslips away as long as i see the rough amout of what im owed go into my bank. lol bad idea one of the guys i was working with was getting bumped $100 a week roughly until he realised it and then i checked through mine and realised i was short as well. prob an honest mistake but best to check just to be sure. the good thing is they give you a log in to there website and they store all you old payslips etc so its easy to check!! all the best in moving i hope to be back there soon after i do this stupid ielts exam lol then apply for wa sponsorship i loved the country!

Guest Aus10

I have also been trying to get a job through Hays. They were very helpful but said they couldn't assist me until I had booked my flights. Hays said tht they would then send my cv over to the relevant office in Aus a few weeks before my departure & book an appointment too

Don't know how long the 175's are taking at the moment - as the process did change July last year - but you might not be waiting that much longer, we logded ours in May and it was granted in 9 months! Enjoy your reccie and hope your visa comes through quick! :-)

Ho sazgeering

9 Months! Blimey.. Yes, been keeping my eyes on the timelines.. We lodged ours in October so we might be a bit closer to getting a case officer than we thought!

Trip to Perth a week today. Can't wait.. Thanks for the update.

Martin

Archived