start me up!!!

Guest brummieade

Guest brummieade

HIya everyone,

been shown this forum from a friend and need to be steered in the right direction...

As with most people here, im looking to emmigrate to aus but need to know how to start. IS it wise to get myslef sorted with a job before moving out there? HOw do i do that? Its not as if i can just go over for an interview - its on the other side of the world for crying out loud!!

Any help would be extremely appreciated!!

Cheers!

Adrian

Guest erma

hi Adrian

welcome to Poms. Im a new to this site myself. Have you already applied for visa or just looking at the process like us? I have found this site very useful just keep browsing through and Im sure you`ll find some answers.

I`ve found this site quite helpful also http://www.immi.gov.au

good luck

erma

Guest ABCDiamond

Not many people come out here with a job all lined up. A few do, but most have to begin applying once they arrive.

Most Employers want to see that the applicant is actually here, and has the relevant visa.

If you can get a job lined up, then great, but if not, don't worry too much as you will be in the same position as the majority.

Some people do get jobs via telephone interviews, but these are probably jobs where there are really big shortages of the skills required.

Archived