Carpenters doing practical in north london n saturday?? Or done it for advice

shazb

I'm self employed but i've been sub-contracted to the same company for 6 years now and according to the website I don't need to provide tax returns just 2 different types of references. My agent never mentioned anything about needing them, then again he didn't mention anything about this deadline either!

My OH is short of time due to age so when we missed the carpentry assessment in Feb (he applied the day the dates became out and feb was full- only 6 spaces I was told), and were given one at the end of April online. I emailed Vetassess and asked to be put on a cancellation list for February if they had one due to our 'time' circumstances. Vetassess were great and have offered him a place in Belfast in March if he was prepared to travel- absolutely!!!

It took a few emails I emailed every 2 weeks in January just so that they remembered his name first if a cancellation came up, anyway it was well worth the emails and they responded each time within a day so maybe an email is worthwhile if you would like to get on an earlier date or encourage Vetassess to put on another date.

Hope that helps someone else :):wink:

Guest Lucky22

Hi Ive got my NVQ level 3 city n guilds in carpentry & joinery .

Will I still have to sit the pratical ? I only passed my level 3 this year though.

Any help will be appreciated.

Guest Lucky22

Hi everyone Ive got my NVQ level 3 city n guilds in carpentry & joinery .

Will I still have to sit the pratical ? I only passed my level 3 this year though.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

We are doing it independently trying to save the pennies. When you see the link from vetassess it gives you the cost.

Do you know if you have to sit the IELTS yet? My oh does as he needs the 10 points for the 175 visa.

Hi Pauline, My OH has his IELTS on May 12th he needs 8s for the extra points but he has 10 hrs of tutor lessons booked in so hopefully he will nail it. Just a question once Vetasses sent you the payment receipt how long was it until you got the link to book the practical? We had our payment receipt 9 days ago so we are still going to push for the June 2nd practical and try to lodge before July!!!

• 1 month later...
Hi Ive got my NVQ level 3 city n guilds in carpentry & joinery .

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,you still have to do your practical test regardless.I have the city and guilds after 3 years study and i still had to provide history and work experience as well.

hope that helps.

Archived