Is my dad too old?

Stevieb1483

Hi my dad is 60 years of age but is a project manager/ site supervisor (also knows civil engineering and CAD) for a large construction company in the UK

Some of his projects have been on Silverstone Grand Prix circuit, Donnington park, Brands Hatch, American Army bases and loads more. He is well known in his specific area and is extremely good and what he does..

I keep pestering him to come to australia but he doesnt think he will be able to get into the country because of his age... is this true?

I thought the age limit for a visa employment wise was 50 (or 45). Don't quote me though.

There is the possibility of a parent visa perhaps but he'd have to pass the balance of family test and so on. I don't know much about that I'm afraid.

Have you read the parent visa threads on here? Or checked the DIAC site for visa info? http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/

there's no upper age limit on the 457- am trying this route myself but it's an uphill struggle!!! your dad sounds like he's got skills that might well be in demand though so I'd say go for it !! try seek.com.au etc for suitable employers ( who might be willing to sponsor)- there are plenty of others to explore-- alternatively there's the Contributory Parent Visa 143/173 which would apparently take less than 18 months now..

• 1 month later...
Guest Sheza1963

I have been in Australia for 18 years i have one sister in UK My parents are 73 and 74 and applied for a contributary parent visa 12 months ago we are hoping we wont have to wait much longer for a answer costing $95,000 for the two of them in total including application fees that is paying a agent to do all the forms. Its never too old just have to make a decision and do it, Im sure my parents will have alonger better quality of life in oz rather than the uk Once they get here my sister is appling for the last remaining relative visa

Cheers cheryl

• 1 year later...
Guest mcoupe

Hi Freesia,

Did you get your application forms accepted?? if so how long did you have to wait for an acknowledgement MC

Hi Freesia,

Did you get your application forms accepted?? if so how long did you have to wait for an acknowledgement MC

am going the Parent route- but no rush- too many other things going on atm.....where are you at with yours now ?

Archived