Civil Engineer, Subclass 475

mahbub

I am a Civil Engineer (233211) & my IELTS score is R-7, W-7, L-7, S-6.5.....So far I found I can apply only at WA & Queensland in the category subclass 475. As in case of WA, I cannot stay at Perth at beginning, I am losing my interest for WA.

If I apply at Queensland, shall I have to face area barrier? If yes in that case, at which areas I cannot stay at beginning stage??

Perth is region so you can live in Perth if you apply for 475....I guess

See detail below or click on link

[h=2]http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#12sept

Regional classification for Perth – 12 September 2011[/h]Following the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s recent announcement to include Perth in the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), a number of changes have been made effective from 12 September 2011.

• regional postcodes for the RSMS to include Perth
  • the inclusion of Perth as a regional area for family sponsored applications through the regional General Skilled Migration program.

In summary, Perth has been classified as regional for the following migration programs:

• Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119 & 857)
  • Skilled Regional Sponsored (provisional) (Subclass 475)
  • Skilled Regional Sponsored (provisional) (Subclass 487)
  • Skilled Regional (permanent) (Subclass 887).

Perth is only regional area for family sponsored 475. As you require to provide evidence that you have lived and worked in regional area for 2 years to get PR. From what your IELTS scores are you are very close to getting all 7's. Perhaps resitting IELTS to get the 10 points and apply for 176 would be a better option for you.

Have you done your skills assessment yet?? I've an BEng honours degree in civil engineering and 4 years experience but because Im not chartered and registered as a professional engineer I have to apply under engineering technologist which isn't on any of the state sponsered skills shortage list so i have to go down the 175 route which will take ages. Very frustrating!!

Archived