White Chocolate Cheesecake.....

JoandJon

Reason for making cheesecake: To take to the moonlight cinema tonight for us, Sister & BIL and his Mum.

Base: 1 pkt (250g) ginger-nuts, ~85g almonds blitzed in food processor then with ~125g melted butter mixed through.

(This spread around a springform tin and sitting in the fridge to set)

Filling-

Melt 250g white chocolate and leave to cool a bit

Beat in mixer until creamy: 500g philly cheese, 115g castor sugar, 1 t vanilla (plus another 250g ricotta or cream cheese when jon gets back from the shop with it)

Add melted chocolate and ~75ml milk to cheese and beat until smooth and yummy looking.

Then 3-4 large eggs

Then bake (160C ~50mins) and leave to cool - first in switched off oven and then in fridge.

Ok my conundrum is this - the recipe just says to add the beaten eggs and fold them in, but I'm wondering what it would be like if I separated them, added the yolks (beat well) and then folded in whipped egg whites?

Hmmmmm...

Ok well I went with the easy option - plus a few variations:

an extra cap of vanilla

it was a total of 500g cream cheese and 250g ricotta

I went with 4 eggs

The verdict: Bloody delicious !!!

Quite a mild white chocolate flavour (you could add more choc if you wanted, but I didn't want it to be too sweet).

And I took it in the actual spring-form pan (supported it well!)

Seriously delicious - we ate about 1/2 of it between 5 adults.

The nuts came through just the right amount, and the ricotta gave it a nice texture (you could make it all cream cheese if you prefer it all totally creamy-smooth)

:)

Archived