anyone applied for police clearance before lodging visa?

Maruska

Hi,

I will be applying for Skilled migrant visa ( either 175 or 176). I live in USA now but in the last 10 years I also lived and worked in Saudi Arabia. I fully expect that police clearance from KSA is going to take AGES:wacko:. Did anyone request a police clearance BEFORE lodging a visa? For how long is the certificate valid? My reasoning is once I get the papers from Saudi it should be OK for good because I am not planning on going back to work there and I left the country 6 years ago when we moved to USA. I would get my FBI from here whenever, it shouldn`t take more than 6 weeks I think.

Hi,

I will be applying for Skilled migrant visa ( either 175 or 176). I live in USA now but in the last 10 years I also lived and worked in Saudi Arabia. I fully expect that police clearance from KSA is going to take AGES:wacko:. Did anyone request a police clearance BEFORE lodging a visa? For how long is the certificate valid? My reasoning is once I get the papers from Saudi it should be OK for good because I am not planning on going back to work there and I left the country 6 years ago when we moved to USA. I would get my FBI from here whenever, it shouldn`t take more than 6 weeks I think.

FBI checks typically take 8 weeks but sometimes longer. I've not had any clients get them in 6 weeks' time or shorter.

FBI checks typically take 8 weeks but sometimes longer. I've not had any clients get them in 6 weeks' time or shorter.

Thanks for reply. Do you know for how long are the FBI checks valid when issued? I am planning to stay in the USA till we go to AUS ( hopefully).

Guest gurbakshs

Do you know, how much time it will take for Indian PCC. i have applied 10 weeks ago in Sydney Consulate but still pending

Guest gurbakshs

Yeah you should apply in advance if you are not visiting those countries again!

Hi,

I guess I better wait a little longer:confused: I read on the net that it may be up to 6 months ( for the Saudi clearance) but then, I don`t know how long is it gonna take for the visa ( unfortunately I am not gonna make it till July 1st to lodge the visa :( unless some miracle happens and ANMAC processes my skills assessment pronto )

I so hope that the whole thing won`t take more than a year but getting very discouraged:cry:

oh well we will do what we have to I guess....

Archived