LODGING IN 1 WEEK...form checklist, a little help please!!! Partner visa!!!

Biggers

Guest GeorgeD

The Prospective Marriage Visa (PMV) gives you 9 months to enter Australia, get married, then apply for the Spouse Visa. And you need to pay the Spouse Fees anyway. If, after 9 months, you haven't applied for another visa (like the Spouse Visa), then you need to leave the country. It's basically a means for people who are living apart and intend getting married to be together to organise their wedding. It's not a permanent visa. It's also more expensive, as you need to pay for TWO visas as opposed to one!

Fraid not, the fiance visa is only a 9 month visa allowing you to enter Aus and marry. As soon as you marry, you then need to lodge your partner visa anyway. So it costs the same (in fact it would cost you more as you would pay the onshore fee for your partner visa. If you ate entitled to the de facto partner visa, just get that and then you can get married whenever you want.

Thank you peeps!!! Thats much more romantic!!! :0) haha...i must say i feel so much better about the decision to lodge offshore, i have printed all forms off and now am just waiting my birth cert and police check! Oh, about the personal statements...do they need to be on any special form?

Guest GeorgeD
Personal statements I just printed off and signed/dated them. No special paper or anything

Yup, we jsut handwrote ours on plain paper and signed each page.

ok thats aussie police check done, uk police check done...all pics and passports signed just need my friend who's a teacher to sign my stuff and that can all get sent tomoz, now its just waiting on birth cert from ma and pa and stat decs to be signed!!

Guest GeorgeD

I don't think it's actually a requirement for aplying via either route, although you may be asked for it by your CO once your submission has been made. If you supply it up front anyway, then there's no need for them to ask you for it. If you don't submit it, the worst that will happen is they ask you to complete one. It could happen via both on and offshore routes.

Hello again!!! my best friend from the UK is doing a stat dec for us..i know she needs a "certified copy" of her passport! Does this just mean a copy of her passport or does it need to get signed. She has a neighbour who is a teacher, could she do it or would it have to be a 'JP' .Also, my boyfriends sister did us one, we got her passport signed by an official JP but the lady who we live with did us one and we thought it would be ok for our other housemate who is a teacher to sign it?! i am now thinking I'm wrong here and i will need to take it to a JP so that they can photocopy it and send it off?

Ok thats great thanks!!

On another note, when i fill in the forms 40/47 will i put our aussir address or will i need to put a new zealand one? Obviously we are lodging offshore over there so i would think it would have to be a NZ address. The thing is, our police checks and medical have our australian address!

The address you put on the main forms is the one they'll use to communicate with you, so needs to be your current address.

Pretty sure somewhere on the forms (might be form 80, can't remember) there's a place to list your previous addresses.

Archived