LODGING IN 1 WEEK...form checklist, a little help please!!! Partner visa!!!

Biggers

Hi all,

So after what feels likes forever...the boy and i have decided its time to stop thinking what if this and that etc and just go with our instinct and lodge our visa on monday. The reason this might seem rash is because i a have a holiday planned on the 5th March, my best friend is coming to NZ and i really can't get out of this holiday!! So when i lodge my partner visa i also need to lodge a Bridging visa B to allow for this trip, they are currently taking around 2 weeks for a decision, hence why it has to be lodged now!!!! :arghh:

I literally feel this is our only option as i refuse to come back on the eVisitor tourist visa (plus my flight bk is booked for the 26th march, my 3 months is up on the 27th so in effect i would be UNLAWFUL!) If i go to NZ and return on the 26th i will have a bridging visa A already in effect for when i return to auz.

So, thats it...decision made. Now i have the massive job of form filling!!! I have a little something named dispraxia (of form of dyslexia that means i find it hard to get myself organised and struggle with things like forms etc, google it if you like its rather hard to explain!) Anyway i have been sat on this comp for hours everyday just trying to get my head around the different types of forms i will need to complete my application. believe me, if i had a spare few grand i would have paid someone, this is hell for me.

obviously i know about 40/47, i have my medical and birth cert will arrive this week. Police checks are being sent this arvo and stat decs are being signed in front of a jp this sat. Have YEARS of evidence, bank statements, house bills, proof of rent, pics etc.

All i am asking for is a checklist off somebody that has done the partner visa, in number form if its ok? Just so i can go by someones and tick them off as i have done them!

Thankyou so much,

:biggrin:

Look forward to your replies! Please help we are desperate xx

you know they don't generally grant BVBs just for holidays? BVBs are for emergencies and business travel.

What visa are you currently on? If you're currently on an e-visitor, the three months will reset when you come back into the country. e-visitors are valid for 12months, with multiple entry, you just can't stay longer than 3months per visit.

Have you considered lodging your application offshore while in new zealand? it would be cheaper, have shorter processing times, and you can still re-enter australia on an e-visitor while you wait.

In terms of a checklist, I'll see what I can find, but pretty sure there's a checklist as part of the application form, then you'd just need your own checklist for the relationship supporting evidence (which is listed as a single item on the application checklist)

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/820-801-checklist.pdf

that's the official checklist, that you have to submit with the application

to summarise it with the things YOU'll need (assuming neither of you have been married or had a name change):

- form 47SP

- form 40SP

- visa application fee

- certified copy of your passport

- certified copy of your birth certificate

- passport photos of you

- passport photos of your partner

- evidence of relationship (see separate list)

- at least 2 stat decs from friends family, with certified copies of their passports

- evidence your relationship has lasted at least 12months (see separate list)

- police checks

- form 80

- certified copy of your partner's australian passport (or UK passport with PR visa)

- proof of partner's employment over last two years

not mentioned in that list is the medical, which if you've already got it, you can send in with the application, if not then wait until asked for it.

relationship evidence list:

- statement from you

- statement from your partner

- post addressed to you covering the last 12months (or 36 months if you have them)

- post addressed to your partner at the same address as you covering the last 12 months (or 36 months if you have them)

- evidence of some sort of joint finances (if no joint account then highlight transfers to each other, holidays bought together etc)

- etc (you'll need to list what you've got, since it's different for everyone)

Do you still have the email you got to confirm your e-visitor? that will detail when it's valid until, how many times you can enter the country, and long long each visit can be. If you're confused by the wording, just paste it here, taking out any personal details, and we can explain.

Thankyou SO much for all this!! I have basically just done a HUGE 360! After talking with my partner just now, he thinks we should lodge in nz!!!!!! He can work for the same company, and i can get a working holiday visa for nz, so we can both work and lodge the visa probably in april. $1000 is a lot of money when he is supporting us both, and the fact that they are processing quicker is much better. Sooooo....i suppose thats it then, i will leave on the 5th march on my tourist visa..have a well needed holiday with my friends...then we will both work and lodge the visa when we have EVERYTHING and feel confident that it hasnt been rushed! NZ is supposed to be lovely and at least we can come over to auz to see family etc. What do you think about that? It seems the logical thing doesnt it? OH my gosh my head is mashed right now!!! lol

Well it does sound less rushed and frantic... and it would mean you can both work while you wait.

It's never a good idea to rush things, visa applications are complicated at the best of times especially if you don't like forms.

Good luck with everything, and any more questions, you know where to find us.

Guest GeorgeD

Like I said on the other thread you started last week on this subject here ...you could lodge offshore in NZ...but where does your application get processed...NZ or the UK? Can you land in NZ on holiday for a couple of weeks and apply there, or because you are a British Citizen and not an NZ resident does your application get sent to London for processing? If it gets sent to London then you need to make sure you don't re-enter Australia before they have received it...you would then be applying for an offshore visa when you are onshore.

Remember that by applying offshore you will not be eligible for a Bridging Visa at all, they are only avaiable if you have applied onshore.

Incidentally, does anyone know the current processing time for applications made in NZ, as it vaires from country to country...no point doing it there if it takes longer!

Guest GeorgeD
, and i can get a working holiday visa for nz, so we can both work and lodge the visa probably in april.

Just read this bit...yes, if you can get a working visa for NZ and you can both go, then it sounds like a good option. Better to work there than be sitting out of work on Oz for 6-9 months. Good idea!

You can lodge your application with the nearest Australian immigration office overseas:

• by post
  • in person. (At some Australian immigration offices overseas you may need to make an appointment to lodge your application in person.)

For NZ that's

Australian Consulate GeneralLevel 7, Price Waterhouse-Coopers Towers

186-194 Quay Street

Auckland

New Zealand

though that doesn't answer who actually processes it. Given it's all done electronically once you've submitted, it wouldn't surprise me if there's only a couple of places worldwide who actually do the processing.

Good luck! I have dyspraxia too and the whole thing was OK once I had written a big list of everything I needed and starting ticking it off. And the important thing - we got here just over a year ago, so I did get there in the end!

If you need a hand feel free to PM me or ask any more questions

Thanks wellieboots...its all very daunting but yes like you said, getting lists and generally breaking it all down seems to work and help a lot!!

I do have just one question though people. I had my medical done 2 weeks ago, obviously i filled in the application as though we were lodging from here so have put my aussie address. i have been sent the 'DO NOT OPEN' envelope with my results in, what do i do when i come to lodging in NZ with regards to this?

Cheers x

Quick question, i am getting stat decs done this week. I know i need 2 on the 888 forms...can the rest be normal paper? Also, can my parents do them because i read its only aussie citizens..also it says certified copies of THEIR passports also, true?

I would try to get two australian citizens, on the 888 forms. When they get the forms witnessed, they need to get a copy of their passport certified too.

if you have more than two, then great. Australians need to use the 888 form, other nationalities can just do plain paper, but certified copy of ID would still be useful.

I had my partner's mum and best friend do them (australians). and then my mum (British) did one too.

Archived