remaining relative visa

Juliep

can anyone tell me how long a remain relative visa will take ? i am planning on applying for my eldest son while im in oz he his coming over on a tourist visa first as he already had a working holiday visa can he get a bridging visa whilst the application is being looked at ?

julie p

From the website

Applications for Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visas with a queue date up to 26 April 2010 and who meet all outstanding requirements can expect their visa to be granted within approximately 3-18 months (measured from 1 July 2011). No further release of applications is likely this financial year. The next release of applications for further processing will occur next financial year. The queue date of applications to be released will be determined once program numbers are announced.

Estimated waiting times of applications that have been assessed and given queue dates later than 26 April 2010, may vary depending on future planning levels as well as withdrawals and refusals. Future releases of queued applications will therefore be announced at the start of each financial year.

Remaining Relative and Aged Dependent Relative visa applications lodged before 1 July 2011 but which have not yet been assessed and queued can expect to wait up to 10 ½ years for a visa (from 1 July 2011).

A long time if you have not even applied yet. Not sure about the bridging visa being possible. Even if it is he won't be able to work and if he wants to study that will be overseas fees as not a resident. You might need to look at other strategies.

Archived