accommodation in brisbane help please!

bryam99

Hi all,

We are moving to Brisbane in the beginning of Feb 08 and i have been trying to find some accommodation for us (2adults 2teenage kids). We will be renting and i have checked out rental property agents on the internet but although they are friendly enough they need to see us first so that they can check us out and we can view the property. I really need to get something set up so we have somewhere when we land. I have two weeks to get on my feet with regards to buying a cheap car, sorting a house, school etc before i start work. We are looking for something around Mount Gravatt (for school) or an 8km radius from Murarrie. I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction for temporary/long term accommodation in that area.

How did you get accommodated? If all else fails we would have to go in to holiday accommodatoin hotel/apartment but this is very expensive and we are on a tight budget. We could pay the bond/rent in advance for a couple of months.

Any help greatly appreciated!:spinny:

Hi, we arrived a couple of months ago to Brisbane, booking a holiday flat in Burleigh Heads via the internet so we had somewhere to go. We had this for nine days, but as you've said, finding a rental was difficult, even when here; things move very quickly. The way we found a rental was to get the local newspaper on a saturday, and look for all the open houses, get an application form from the agent there, and fill it in as best we could. As we had always had a mortgage, we had no rental references, which they all wanted, so we agreed to pay six months rent upfront, just to secure one. We did this because we were stuck, having three little kids with no home! If you could get a rental sorted out before you leave, like with one of the people on the site who have relocation properties this would be best in my opinion; if not I would book yourself a couple of weeks in a holiday flat to try and get sorted, as we were running around like idiots trying to get somewhere. All worth it in the end though, best of luck,

Joanne :wub:

Archived