Nambour - good/bad

Leah31

We lodged our 175 visa last September. Hoping to have it all organised and be in Oz this time next year:biggrin:. We are going on my job (occupational therapist).

We are now trying to research areas - we are keen to move to queensland but not sure where. My Husband was looking at a place called Nambour. Looks good and has a big local hospital. We want to go somewhere which is family orientated with good schools, nice parks, shopping facilites, close driving distance to the beach, transport links into the CBD and with a low flood risk.

Any suggestions - we will be renting for the first year and will have a budget around $400 per week for rent.

Any information on Nambour or other recommendations would be great,:biggrin:

Thanks,

Leah (32), Rab (32) and Declan (5)

Positive Skills Assessment (July 2011), ILEST-8 (AUG 2011), Visa Lodged (Sept 2011)

Hi there, Good luck on your move but do avoid living in Nambour!! Has pretty bad crime and is a rather run down and poor town. However, there are some beautiful places just outside to live, ie Maleny, Montville. Nambours hospital is pretty big and like any hospital has recieved mixed reviews. People are friendly on the Sunshine coast with plenty to do. Hope your move goes well.

Nothing wrong with Nambour hospital. The town is a little run down but you are 15 mins from Buderim which is lovely and simply a great place to live.

Buderim is close to the motorway, beaches, good schools and when the new hospital opens in 2016 it'll be on your doorstep.

Sunshine Coast is lovely - but rent may be more than $400!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Homer

Forget Nambour. It's not that bad it's just there are far more places that are better to live in the area. Montville and Maleny are both nice, in the Hinterland a fair way from beaches. Mooloolaba is touristy, a place to visit, not to live. Buderim is lovely but I felt at 45 that I was a bit young for it tbh... Peregian Springs is ok, lots of Brits if that is your thing. Excellent school. Peregian Beach next door is lovely. Maroochydore ...meh. Again, nothing wrong with it, just not for me. Bear in mind that whilst in my opinion the Sunshine Coast is the best place in QLD to live, finding work is not so as easy as Brisbane for example. I'd consider Caloundra looking at your requirements?? Rent is more likely to be 5-600 for a nice pad but 400 is doeable depending on where you go. Good luck!

Archived