Why Are You Leaving??

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

Just wondering if anyone wanted to share their reasons for leaving in the first place?? Could make for interesting debate! :?

Guest stuckinblighty

1 ... better life for my kids.This place is turning into the pits.

2 ... better lifestyle for me and the missus,fed up with telly watching etc

3 ... Sick to death being screwed by the government,work in this country and you get shafted.

4 ... better climate

5 ... New life experience.I want experience a life in another culture/country

6 ... ohhh i could go on and on but these are just a few reasons why :x

regards,Lee

Krista,

We want a better future for the children, we visited last summer and it really reminded me of my youth - we were able to let the children play in an area we didn't know, felt very safe walking the streets even in the cities, people were friendly and actually smiled at you - and if she said hello didn't look at you as if you were about to mug them. The parks were beautiful, the public barbecues weren't vandalised (and everyone cleaned them after they used them). We just came home thinking we wanted that for us and the kids.

The sunshine won't hurt either and being able to do more outdoor things without having to cancel 'cos it's rained again.

Ali :D

Guest scott&lisa

We agree totally with all the points above and more so!! It's the opportunity to do something extraordinary with our lives and hopefully our children's!

Sometimes you just have to take a risk and moving to OZ we think the pros definately outweigh the cons (no pun intended!!!)

We wish everybody the very best of luck in attaining your visas.

Scott & Lisa

I think the general answer to this question will be the same,,everyone is sick of being hammered for any necessity,,our pensioners are living in poverty but the goverment are putting millions into renovating buildings for immigrants ?,,,my kids cant play out for fear of being abducted,,,you cant go to the park without dodging dog sh** and broken beer bottles ,if your lucky and do manage you then have to explain to your curious child what the rude slogan graffitti says the teenagers have so generously wrote on the side ?,,,our police force believe speed cameras are more effective on a sunday over the moors catching bikers rather than on an housing estate or outside schools catching boy racers ?,,, the judge gives a harsher punishment to you for dropping the burglar than the burglar gets for robbing you?

Im not going on as im boring myself now never mind you lot,,basically the answer is this country has gone tits up and no goverment will ever repair the damage and not forgetting we all want the SUN !!!!

Cal x

WHERE ARE MY POLICE CHECKS ??(36 DAYS GONE)

Guest ABCDiamond

My original reason, back in 1986, was after having two holidays here, it looked like a fantastic country.

I did return to the UK after 10 years, but came back to Australia again, and my reason this time was more a case of:

Weighing up problems and advantages in BOTH countries, and having had a good chance to evaluate properly, I realised that Australia offered more for ME, especially with a young child.

...and of course, the weather :) With the coldest here (in my suburb) being 8.3 °C and the hottest being 36.9 °C (for the whole of 2005) I really cannot complain about the weather ;)

Before my brother settled permanantly in Aus, he came home for a bit of a reality check to make sure that it wasn't just a case of him thinking the grass was greener. Within a few days, he knew he was making the right choice in staying in Aus, the UK is becoming awfully depressing. We're going to have to work longer, our children won't be able to get onto the property ladder when their older, if they want to further their education they will be saddled with a massive loan to pay. As an aside, I live in a university town, we are getting alot of students through our service with Depression because of the debt they're in and can't see a way out of.

I agree that it's a massive challange, but the great thing is that I'll be doing it witht he people I love and care about most ... can't wait .. but unfortunatley going to have to as police checks still not back yet.

Anyone else think 40 days feels like a lifetime :?:

Guest Beki

It's all about the future, look into my glass ball...

Oz = sunshine, smiling faces, sunshine, beaches, sunshine, BBQs, sunshine, space, sunshine, swimming pools, sunshine, sports, sunshine, more of as layed back life style, sunshine, parks, sunshine, :D

UK = greysky, unhappy faces, rain, polluted beaches, BBQs (we do try occasionally), rain, umbrellas in your face, greysky, chewing-gum covered streets (do they have these in Oz?), Haven/Butlins/CenterParks, cold, sports, Wimbledon in the rain, and once in a while SUNSHINE and we all get so excited we sit on a motorway in a traffic jam for hours to try and get to one of those over crowded polluted beaches!

Or you can work your socks off all year to pay for the family to spend a week or two in the sunshine on a package deal where you're treated like cattle and have to spend a huge amount of time putting on suncream because our porcelain skin never usually sees so much sun! :(

That about sums up why I'm leaving! :D

Archived