Slept on it and we need to go

AaronS

Guest Pamela123

Hi

I can totally relate to what you are saying we arrived back in the uk last wednesday and i am feeling so much happier now than i ever did living in Perth WA. Perth as a place is the same as anywhere else but it wasn't my home and it never would be, i would have got used to it but i didn't want to go through my life never feeling 'at home" again. It is alright to visit on holiday but for me not to live forever there. My sisters all live in Perth and that wasn't enough to keep me there either, they all lead busy lives and we couldn't just stay there for family for the odd times we saw them. we stayed in perth for 6 months and i knew after 6 weekd after the initial high of moving that i wanted to come home. I gave it another 3 months to see if i felt any different but nope thoses feelings just got stronger. It has cost us over 30,000 pounds moving down and coming back but guess we're fortunate that we still have our house in the uk to come back to. You know in your heart where you want to be so just be honest and do waht is right for you...you only live once xx

Our plan is beginning to come together. My wife will begin working on here transfer back in November (that's the timing of when she can go back without repaying the moving expenses). We are all going back for Christmas this Dec. To prevent paying the $9000 for the kiddos next school year, only my wife will be returning here and move into a 1/1 apartment. I will starting laying down ground work for getting my old job back right away with the intent of starting in January of 2013....the band tour will have to be on hold due to finances...but we are working away on the album to release immediately.

I've also checked into flights.....one way costs MORE than round trip.....my solution.....book round trip and never use the return. Will save us in the neighborhood of $2000 doing that.

I've also checked into flights.....one way costs MORE than round trip.....my solution.....book round trip and never use the return. Will save us in the neighborhood of $2000 doing that.

Who are you flying with? some airlines tend to be more reasonable than others wrt one way trips.

Who are you flying with? some airlines tend to be more reasonable than others wrt one way trips.

Qantas...because it's Sydney to LA....small lay over of like an hour...and then LA to Austin. With 3 kids that's the only way I'll do it. I could fly Emirate's and save another $2000 but that's two 12 hour flights and a 20 hour lay over in Dubai. If I were going solo I'd do that.

Qantas...because it's Sydney to LA....small lay over of like an hour...and then LA to Austin. With 3 kids that's the only way I'll do it. I could fly Emirate's and save another $2000 but that's two 12 hour flights and a 20 hour lay over in Dubai. If I were going solo I'd do that.

I just saw a great trip on Air New Zealand. I was looking at Brisbane - LA though ( and then Houston). Did not take such a long time and seems comfy.

Just a thought, but it's sometimes worth checking the code-share/alliance partners, you can sometimes get a better deal for exactly the same flight. Sydney airport website lists AA as the codeshare for the qantas SYD-LAX flights, I'm assuming this would be American Airways/Airlines? (Sorry not overly familiar with USA carriers)

Just a thought, but it's sometimes worth checking the code-share/alliance partners, you can sometimes get a better deal for exactly the same flight. Sydney airport website lists AA as the codeshare for the qantas SYD-LAX flights, I'm assuming this would be American Airways/Airlines? (Sorry not overly familiar with USA carriers)

Yes, American Airlines is the partner...that's who we came over with, but on a Qantas plane.

Yikes! Just did a round trip with them from Syd and it's WAY more expensive than Qantas! Like $1000 more!

Just spent the week with one of my best friends from back home. We are doing the tall ship harbour cruise at lunch and then I'm taking him to the airport. Best week I've had in four months. Going home can't come soon enough.

Hi Aaron just reading your post and wanted to ask what your reason for moving to oz was the reasons your returning to Texas sound brilliant was it just a case of didn't know what u had till it was gone? were just getting ready to move and like to get people's perspectives if u don't mind. Good luck with everything I'm very jealous of your Texas BBQ delish! :)

Good luck, you know who you are and you know what makes you YOU. My husband is a muso, its who he is , its not something that you can stop , you cannot stop creating and it sounds your creative partners are a massive part of who you are . Thats something time won't change as beautiful and a wonderful as australia can be , you have got to feel grounded, and whole as a person and sometimes you need those things/people that ground you and make you whole.

I have been here 11 years, I have a wonderful aussie husband , two wonderful aussie kids but i still feel like a piece of me never moved with me on the plane. Do what you have to do to make yourself happy , thats all I can say and good luck with the album.:biggrin:

Hi Aaron just reading your post and wanted to ask what your reason for moving to oz was the reasons your returning to Texas sound brilliant was it just a case of didn't know what u had till it was gone? were just getting ready to move and like to get people's perspectives if u don't mind. Good luck with everything I'm very jealous of your Texas BBQ delish! :)

Turned out that we just weren't prepared for how much we miss everyone. That's the biggest factor. Not to sound dramatic but everyday is a bit painful knowing I can't hop in a car and be at my parents place within 2 hours...or at a friends house within 5 minutes.

So yes, pretty much didn't know what we had. I'm glad we came here because it certainly has given me a new perspective on life and the things that are really important.

Archived