Partner Visa - Citizenship papers necessary ?

yakkay

Guest Chantel
Yes - I came on a fiance visa and am now serving out my two years as a temporary spouse before I get my permanent spouse visa. The process is annoying and time consuming but it isn't that difficult and is not intended to trip you up. If you're in a genuine relationship you will be OK (unless you are a really naughty person or have terrible health problems) and if the CO needs more information or different information, he or she will ask.

:laugh: We are definitely not naughty or sick so should be a breeze! :cool: And after asking you if you are in Australia at present, I just read that your location says that you are in Melbourne! :tongue: LOOOL I really must sort my dyslexic observance skills out! Are you enjoying it? have you found it easy to settle in?

Hi Chantel,

I've come to the party a bit late here but just wanted to add my good luck to the excellent advice you've already received here. My understanding is that Form 888 can only be used by Aussie citizens - the friends and family who did ours had to provide certified copies of their passports. you can also get statements from non-Aussies to add to your case.

You also need statements from the two of you - some people do these as stat decs but we just typed and printed them and then signed and dated and that was accepted.

Don't worry about being refused just on the basis of not having filled in the forms wrongly - if the CO needs additional information, he will send you an email and ask for it, he will not just refuse it.

Just for your info, we also included photos, joint wedding invitations, joint mail, bank statements from the joint account, phonecard account printouts from when OH was living over here and I was in the UK. It was time consuming but once we got going it was fine and I was approved in 3 and a half months, which was within the timescale at that time, although its now a bit longer (4-5 months). It is quicker and cheaper to apply offshore.

There are loads of us of here who have been through the process so ask away and hopefully we can help - you will get there!

Guest Chantel
Hi Chantel,

I've come to the party a bit late here but just wanted to add my good luck to the excellent advice you've already received here. My understanding is that Form 888 can only be used by Aussie citizens - the friends and family who did ours had to provide certified copies of their passports. you can also get statements from non-Aussies to add to your case.

You also need statements from the two of you - some people do these as stat decs but we just typed and printed them and then signed and dated and that was accepted.

Don't worry about being refused just on the basis of not having filled in the forms wrongly - if the CO needs additional information, he will send you an email and ask for it, he will not just refuse it.

Just for your info, we also included photos, joint wedding invitations, joint mail, bank statements from the joint account, phonecard account printouts from when OH was living over here and I was in the UK. It was time consuming but once we got going it was fine and I was approved in 3 and a half months, which was within the timescale at that time, although its now a bit longer (4-5 months). It is quicker and cheaper to apply offshore.

There are loads of us of here who have been through the process so ask away and hopefully we can help - you will get there!

Thank you so much! We have managed to get some friends and family to agree to writing statements. Will also throw in some photos and wedding invites etc for good measure.

How does everyone do the update thingy at the bottom of their messages? Like, yours says when you applied and were approved for visas etc...?

Go to Settings (top right of page) then Edit Signature (on the left hand side menu) and enter whatever you like :)

This is what we included in my fiance's application:

- personal statements from both of us describing our relationship (roughly one A4 typed page each)

- certified copies of passports & birth certificates

- copy of our tenancy agreement

- photocopies of bank statements from our joint account

- photocopies of bills such as council tax, utilities

- last 12 months payslips from me as well as a letter from my employer confirming how long I’ve worked there and how much I earn (to help prove I can afford to sponsor my OH)

- stat decs from both my parents

- letters of support/ reference letters from his parents & a friend of ours

- handful of photo print outs showing us holidaying together or at social occasions (eg work function, friend's wedding, family Christmas)

- a few print outs of email correspondence to help show how long we've been together eg. me telling my parents about our house hunting & the places we'd looked at, email from my parents to OH the previous year wishing him happy birthday

- copies of travel itineraries (flight & hotel bookings) showing evidence of us travelling together

- random stuff such as tickets from a show we saw together, Christmas cards sent to us from family, menu & place name cards from a work Christmas function (was pleased with myself for thinking to keep them!)

Guest Chantel
Go to Settings (top right of page) then Edit Signature (on the left hand side menu) and enter whatever you like :)

This is what we included in my fiance's application:

- personal statements from both of us describing our relationship (roughly one A4 typed page each)

- certified copies of passports & birth certificates

- copy of our tenancy agreement

- photocopies of bank statements from our joint account

- photocopies of bills such as council tax, utilities

- last 12 months payslips from me as well as a letter from my employer confirming how long I’ve worked there and how much I earn (to help prove I can afford to sponsor my OH)

- stat decs from both my parents

- letters of support/ reference letters from his parents & a friend of ours

- handful of photo print outs showing us holidaying together or at social occasions (eg work function, friend's wedding, family Christmas)

- a few print outs of email correspondence to help show how long we've been together eg. me telling my parents about our house hunting & the places we'd looked at, email from my parents to OH the previous year wishing him happy birthday

- copies of travel itineraries (flight & hotel bookings) showing evidence of us travelling together

- random stuff such as tickets from a show we saw together, Christmas cards sent to us from family, menu & place name cards from a work Christmas function (was pleased with myself for thinking to keep them!)

wow! thanks for the detail! we should be able to muster something quite similar! :biggrin: I have written my personal statement already...I am soooooo excited...can't wait to do the next step, i guess a lot of it is waiting!

Archived