Getting rid of stuff..

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

Having done all the donkey work myself so far, I asked my lovely hubby if he would sort out the 'outhouse' and do a trip to the tip. :shock: HE DID JUST THAT! He has taken EVERYTHING to the tip :shock: I am still in SHOCK.. all the childrens' first outfits, school work, OMG the list goes on.....PLEAAAAAASE give me some moral support before I implode :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest forshac

Oh dear,

Dont know if this helps.... :wink: Try and think, well it was all effectively in the loft so to speak..If it's there do we really need it?

I am going to duck out...

Hi Krista

Them memories are all in your head and he can't get rid of those can he?

Does that help?

Cos to be honest I would be absolutely gutted if I were in your shoes.

Sorry, I'm no good to you, I am too sentimental.

Guest scoop

You poor thing, I'd e gutted :shock: :cry:

Just think of the money you will save on shipping :?

SCoop

x

Guest stephanielouise981

Hm! Men, they are such prats sometimes - I bet he doesn't even know why you were upset. My hubby reckoned that we didn't even need to take our photos with us - spanner!!!

Well your new house will be very feng shui wont it.

Steph xxx

Guest Nelson

Thanks for all your replies.. I'll invite you all to our empty house when we get to the other side!!! :roll:

Guest nicoak

Sympathy is running very high from me. I am at the moment sorting stuff out and pre sending boxes to my sister in law in Oz. Same sort of stuff kids first school work, pictures etc etc. Husband said 'waste of time'. Costs loads etc. What does he know. It's a mom thing!!!

Nicola

Guest Nelson
Sympathy is running very high from me. I am at the moment sorting stuff out and pre sending boxes to my sister in law in Oz. Same sort of stuff kids first school work, pictures etc etc. Husband said 'waste of time'. Costs loads etc. What does he know. It's a mom thing!!!

Nicola

Aaww, Thanks for that.. one minute I cry because I think of something else thats gone (christening blanket hand knitted by my mum) and then I am cracking open a good bottle of wine because the police checks have arrived. This is one emotional roller coaster and, I have a sneaky suspicion that it doesn't get any easier! .. Keep sorting and posting x

Guest Beki

I do feel for you. I thought I was being really brave and sorted out a huge box of baby toys and GAVE them to a neighbour who's daughter is having a baby. I keep wanting to ask her for them back!

Ohhhhhh Krista, big deja vue

just been out to dinner and had a conversation with my hubby about sorting things out, paper work etc I want him to go through and put all the documents I think we will need for visa in order, he wants to burn everything in the filing cabinet

we talked about the fact that I may end up going first and leave him to pack up house

no problem, I'll order the skip now he said

we did the loft a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it was quite cathartic

WE DID the loft - I would never ever let him sort and chuck with out me there, so despsite a very bad back, I was there saving the kid's preschool paintings and first writing, children (20 and 16) were there too so he had to let us keep it

Hubby said to get you to tell your hubby he is still grounded from similar incident 10 yrs ago :twisted:

my heart goes out to you, but as has been said the memories in your head will never leave you

they have gone and there is no point dwelling on something you cannot change

just make sure you hide anything else you want to keep, or post it to a secret address

or if we want to be really mean

find the thing he would miss the most and hide it, telling him you were only thinking of the packing :twisted:

Take care :wink:

Guest Nelson

Actually, thinking about it, I should have known this sort of thing would happen... I just remembered he recorded the U.S. golf open over our wedding video!!!

Archived