Ear problem for Satch :(

JoandJon

Hi y'all,

For those of you who remember Satch developed an ear infection before she flew out, which was treated and recovered well.

But she's starting to do some of the same 'signs' that she was back in the UK (rubbing her head against the wall and pawing her ear). I've had a look in her ear and it's a little grubby but nowhere near as bad as last time (I didn't know what to look out for last time and this time I do!!)

I'm happy to take her to the vets if we need to, but wondered if there's an over-the-counter treatment that will do the job just as well?

And we were planning on going to the beach this afternoon.... should we cancel that?

:)

I wouldn't take any chances with an ear problem for a Lab or any other dog for that matter. Aching ears are flippin miserable aren't they. I don't know of anything over the counter that will work and would hot foot down to the vet.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread though in case someone else comes up with something good.

Yeah I suspected as much and will get hubby to give Perry (vet) a ring for the muttlet tomorrow morning.

She totally loved the beach yesterday, and was swimming galore - no sign of distress or anything. Now of course I wonder if I'm imagining it! Will keep an eye on her today and see what Perry says :)

Guest The Pom Queen

You really need to have Satch checked by the vet to see what type of infection (bacterial or fungal) it is, you could even be looking at ear mites. There are human drugs you could use but I wouldn't want to say which kind until you know the type of infection. Give her a big hug from me :hug:

I'm starting to think i was imagining it because she's not bothered at all today - and we've had a close look in her ears and there's no gunge to be seen. She's not overly boisterous today - the extent of her exertions has been to follow me out to the washing line and back - but that's pretty normal for her when it's hot and windy :)

(She's definitely not happy with the current winds, but then again either are we!)

I think I'll see what she's like tomorrow and give Perry a call - he'll fit us in any time I'm sure so it'll be all good :)

Archived