can he work for government????

kellyjamie

Hi guys, looking for an answer if poss??? when we move my oh is hoping to work for the local council or likes due to job here in the uk, BUT we have read that you must have citizenship to mork for local government, is this correct???? we originally thought perm residency was ok!!! any help much appreciated thanx xx

Guest billy braveheart

Hi Kelly

Only been here since August but its all good & very hot. We are about 30 mins drive from Perth city centre & the same from the beach.

Janette

apolgies janette i automatically put billy! glad your enjoying it, where abouts are you guys? were heading over in june for 3 weeks for a reccie to check out suburbs and schools we have two kids who will be 13 and 3 by the time we move. where would you guys recommend understanding youve not been there long yourselfs! i take it from your member name you guys are from scotland? were in edinburgh just now where its somewhat freezing!

Guest billy braveheart

Hi Kelly

Its ok I answer to anything well almost anything :biglaugh:I bet Edinburgh is freezing lol dont miss the cold of Glasgow one bit. It really depends on what ur looking for hun. Is your 13 year old boy or girl? If they like football then I would suggest where I am as the local high school runs soccer scholarships which is what my 13 year old son has & loves it. The school as shown in this link is to become the first sports academy in WA Forrestfield Senior High School to become a sports academy - WA Education and Training Minister

We are pretty much central for everything well that I know of in the short time we have been here lol.

Keep in touch anything we can help with just ask or pm & maybe we can meet up when you come over in June.

Janette

Thanx thats great janette we,ll definately keep in touch were just in the process of booking our accomodation and flights. My son will be 13 and daughter 3, my oh has tried everything to get our son into football but its just not him so instead hes taken well to rugby, i will be a newly qualified nurse and as i mentioned my oh works for the council just now, im hoping to get on the graduate programme at joondalup hospital so we were looking north of the river, its just really hard looking at property on the web not knowing the areas! roll on june!! x

Guest Impatient
permanent residency can only be obtained after 4 years of living in australia i am led to believe

Billy, think it is citizenship that can only be obtained after 4 years' Permanent Residency. Used to be 2 years, has just gone up!

so i phoned a well known migration agent today who told me that we will definately qualify for independent skilled visa so we,ll get perm residency and the oh will be able to work for local government!! what a relief it just makes the process so much easier when weighing up what mortgage we can get etc. hope everyone thats new to oz is settling in well, were really jealous sitting back here in crappy blighty!! enjoy your sunny days xx

• 1 month later...
Guest WishIdneverleft

Hi There

Permanent Residency is fine if you want to work for a Council or a State Government.(I have done both on a Perm Resident Visa)

The only hasstle arises if you want to work for rhe Commonwealth Government. Some Departments require you to take on Citizenship.

However, dont worry about it, I have loads of mates in Local and State Government who have never taken on Citezenship.

Cheers

T

Archived