Schools!!!!!!!

Smith Tribe

:wacko:Hi all. Is anyone in Brisbane, in particular the Redland Bay, Wellington Point, Birkdale or Victoria Point area. We are looking into schools and actually finding it more difficult to get all three into. I have e mailed them and at the moment 'Wellington Point State School; can get 2 of them in and the eldest who is 12 (DOB: 13/9/95 currently in y7 in UK) l have been told would be in y8 High School (also e mailed them). Does anyone have any feedback about schools in this area????? Also emailed one independent school Saint Lutheran?? Please help l am sending myself MAD!!!!:err:

Hi, We have been told two differnet year groups for our children!! does anyone know which is right e.g Elliot is now 5 born on 23.12.2001, one school said he would be in year 2 and another said year 1??? Beth born 13.9.95 one school said year 8 another year 7??? The school which said year 1 and year 7 is a catholic school, the other schools seem to say different. Do catholic schools have different cut off dates??? The dates the catholic school gave fall in line with the years the children are in at the moment in the UK. We are at the moment swaying to apply to catholic school as all of the children can get in one school, thought this would be nice whilst they are all settling in. Any ideas???? thanks

Guest bayside

Hi

Schools in Queensland run from Jan to Dec so your child that was born in 1995 should be in this years year 7. My daughter is also born in 1995 and is in year 7. There are children in her year that are 13 already as they were held back a year. Basically when we arrived we were asked what year we wanted her to go into.

if you are not arriving until next year then your daughter's year will be year 8. I sometimes wish I had kept my October born daughter down a year as she went from being one of the oldest in her class in the UK to one of the youngest here in Aus.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Archived