ANYONE ABLE TO GIVE ME ADVICE PRETTY PLEASE

SAVTA

Hi everyone - I have just joined! :D

We are going to Oz on our holiday visa. As 1 year vailidity and want to rent during that whole period - are we allowed to ship some of our household/personal effects?? I know the majority of rented property is unfurnished :?

Has anyone been in that situation please:?:

Thanks in anticipation

Guest Missiemo

Hi

Welcome to the site, do not want to put you off, but we are emigrating for good, so are paying for goods to be shipped,are finding it quite expansive I would say if you are only going for one year you may find it quite expansive, but you could try http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk, they do small loads for people going on a temp basis

Good Luck and Welcome

Missiemo

Guest ABCDiamond
Hi everyone - I have just joined! :D

We are going to Oz on our holiday visa. As 1 year vailidity and want to rent during that whole period - are we allowed to ship some of our household/personal effects?? I know the majority of rented property is unfurnished :?

Has anyone been in that situation please:?:

Thanks in anticipation

You can sometimes buy some decent budget furniture packs, which may be cheaper than shipping, or even renting. Sydney is one area that I know has some good options:

Try looking at http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/packages.asp

Thank you so much for your suggestions - really appreciate it.

HOWEVER, I was just concerned over whether I would be ALLOWED to ship goods into OZ - bearing in mind my visa. Obviously there are certain items that are sentimental and I may miss :(

GOOD LUCK MISSIEMO :D

Guest Missiemo

Hi Savta

Thank you for your kind words, hope it all works out for you as well

Take Care

Mo

x

Archived