Hi to All... Hairdresser TRA / Visa advice please

Guest 2by2

Hi im very confused, im wanting to move to oz as level 2 hairdresser which i haven't finished untill june but have 2 years salon experience,how would i stand applying to go and which Visa would i go for ? Also have family in queensland that would sponsor myself and hubby and three children,can anyone give me some advice thanks

Hi Kirsty79, You might need to gain your NVQ level 2 and have more work experience to take your TRA skills assessment in your nominated occupation as a hairdresser,check this link to read the TRA guidelines and application http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/OffshoreAssessment/Pages/overview.aspx

Once you have TRA skills assessment you can then apply for the relevant visa provided you have enough points,check Visa eligibility here http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/.

If you download the General Skilled Migration booklet6 and read, read, read and read again it eventually begins to make sense :biggrin: , here is the link http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm,there are other booklets to download if you get bored !

I would definately make use of the search facility on the forum,just type 'hairdresser' into the search bar to begin with.

If you are just starting out from scratch then take advantage of a free consultation with an agent.After reading through the links i posted above & searching through the forums, with a little bit more knowledge you can then ask specific questions,remember you have no obligation to sign up with them.Just type 'agents' into the search bar and read through all of the recommendations,if you do contact an agent make sure they are MARA registered,maybe ask them about your family in Queensland and sponsorship etc,i don't know how this works.

There are lots of people with great knowledge on the forum who can answer most questions,try and make your own thread to get noticed more,best to try evening UK time when more people from the UK will be reading.

Good Luck :biggrin:

2by2

• 1 month later...

Hi,I've also had some very good advice off Autralian skill assessment. It's all too confusing as I dont know if I need to get AQF qualification or just apply to TRA. I've booked onto the Ielts test for next month,has anyone got any advice for this too?? Any help would be really appreciated. I'm a self employed hairdresser working in a salon for almost 3yrs.

Any advice of any kind would be great.

Guest joannesolomon

Hi There

Can anyone help me. We are going to apply for a 175 visa and my partner has just submitted his tra application form to be assessed, hes a qualified electrician in the uk. TRA have come back to us saying they will not carry out the assessment as he is not eligible to work in Australia.

We are really confused as the visa application requires us to have his trade assessed by TRA.......not sure if we have done something really silly or if have completely misunderstood the checklist??

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post.