Places to Eat WA: Reviews

ali

I started this thread on Perth Poms too - feel free to add to either.

Thought it would be a good idea to have a places to eat:

Sandrino's in Fremantle:

Sandrino's have bought the place next door and expanded, quite busy when we went for my birthday dinner - arrived just after 6 without booking and got a table (wednesday night) .. It got rather busy by 7pm so if it's a weekend i'd book in advance. The kitchens are open and watching the chef throw the pizza dough (and it almost hit the ceiling) provided entertainment for my 12 year old lol

Menu is available on line and they have a kids menu.

The kids shared garlic bread to start - 4 pieces in one serve. We shared the trio of dips which was served with Bianca bread (warm pizza bread with salt and herbs), there were about 12 pieces of bread - would easily do 3 or 4 people as a starter (the kids helped us out) and there was even some bread left over to save for the main.

Mains were delicious:

Ham and Pineapple Pizza and a side order of chips for the 12 year old proved too much to finish (funny that the chips went though), but the staff boxed the remaining pizza for us to take home.

Daugher and I ordered pasta off the main menu - Penne for her (chicken, mushrooms and spinach in a cream sauce), fettucini, prawns, sundried tomato peso, basil and white wine cream sause for me. Hubby ordered off the specials board and had crab linguini which he said was excellent.

No room for dessert .... stuffed!.

2 jugs of coke throught the evening, pint of beer and small stella plus a bottle of wine for us.

Atmosphere - busy Italian, great place for a birthday - tables inside and out and I think you may now be able to sit on the upstairs verandah now they've expanded (not sure though)

Service - friendly and reasonable times between courses,

Total for the evening $179

Was that for 4 of you?? I'm not sure whether that's a good price or not. We have eaten at sizzlers for around $120 for what I can describe as cheap food at a big price..and apparently they have improved!! Good old mackers is a fave with the kids!

We would love to go out for a lovely Italian...a yummy lasagne!

So 4 adults....that's sounds fairly good....might give that a try soon...just waiting for our 1st summer leccie bill....so I will hold off on that lovely Italian meal!

Guest guest17301

I suppose Sandrinos is a bit more 'special' therefore you will pay more..I like Sizzler as do the kids but wouldnt be my top choice for my birthday..kids birthday yes or a nice lunch...the one in heathridge is good, always had a good experience there...clean, nice staff, decent food.

I'll recommend a little place in Woodvale called Buffet Amici...its a family run (not posh) mediterranean buffet place...they also do take away you come in and serve yourself from the buffet, do stone baked pizzas to take out too. Always friendly service and for the price lovely home cooked food, pastas, curry, prawns, mussels and fish on the weekend, carvery style roast meat, all sorts really...menu on line around $30 a head for adults big discounts for kids, think my 14 year old was $15 and my 5 year old $5

Guest guest17301

At busy times yes...Easter weekend we missed out when we just turned up after a table for 8, they have a lot of family parties in there (looks like all their relatives, lol) Booked for OH's birthday though and was only a few in...was a Sunday and early doors though. Most times you'll probably get a table but I just always book now to be safe.

Joondalup Resort Champagne Sunday buffet is good. $58 a head for all sorts of grub (cold meats, fish, salads, soup, roast dinner, pastas, cray fish, desserts, choc fountain, heaps more), free champagne 12-2.

I stuffed myself to a standstill including 7 glasses of bubbles.

Fabulous settings, fine dining grub.

Archived