176 - Check list of docs to upload....

roseyfuture

I lodged my 176 application online on 8/1/12. After submission I got a check list of all docs I am suppose to upload. I have submitted most of them apart from the police clearance and medicals which will be done on monday. My question is, when you upload these docs is there anyway of knowing they have received them? The checklist is still showing all docs as outstanding. Help////:arghh:

The checklist will show all 'outstanding' until you get a case officer.

The only way to see they are received as such is to look at the list of documents you have uploaded!

All will become clearer once you have a case officer when those documents that are covered will change to completed and you will be advised what is left that they require from you

Mine didn't get any clearer tbh when I got the case officer.

some say 'received' does this mean they are not done looking at them?

The additional docs still say 'requested' even though they have been uploaded.

I don't feel any the wiser really.

Millie x

From what I've read it seems to depend on your CO whether documents are changed to 'met' or remain 'outstanding' once you've got a case officer - I was lucky I had a CO who updated everything as he went along!

The letter from your case officer should make clear what documents are outstanding. At this stage (which is where you are I think), you'll just have to assume all the other documents are in order. Once you've uploaded all the remaining documents, its probably worth dropping your CO an e-mail to say they are all there and hopefully then it'll prompt a further review of your case which should lead to a visa if all is in order. If not, they will soon let you know what else is required.

From what I've read it seems to depend on your CO whether documents are changed to 'met' or remain 'outstanding' once you've got a case officer - I was lucky I had a CO who updated everything as he went along!

The letter from your case officer should make clear what documents are outstanding. At this stage (which is where you are I think), you'll just have to assume all the other documents are in order. Once you've uploaded all the remaining documents, its probably worth dropping your CO an e-mail to say they are all there and hopefully then it'll prompt a further review of your case which should lead to a visa if all is in order. If not, they will soon let you know what else is required.

Thanks for the info

I will do that. Just don't want to go and book medicals or anything if nothing has been looked at yet.

Millie x

Thanks for the info

I will do that. Just don't want to go and book medicals or anything if nothing has been looked at yet.

Millie x

Does you letter from your CO not say that your medicals and police check are outstanding? My letter matched what I knew was left? BTW if there is a date to complete the action by, for example, your medical, you can slip on this if you have to as long as you advise the case officer - I had to put off my medical as I got flu!

Does you letter from your CO not say that your medicals and police check are outstanding? My letter matched what I knew was left? BTW if there is a date to complete the action by, for example, your medical, you can slip on this if you have to as long as you advise the case officer - I had to put off my medical as I got flu!

No the letter didn't ask for those. It asked for form 80 along with some other information which has been sent. On the application status page it lists medicals and police checks as outstanding but I thought I was supposed to wait for CO to ask.

Millie x

Guest VickyMel

I think the CO usually waits for the Form 80 to get back before they ask for the Meds and PCCs - I suppose its in case there are any issues with that??

If you submit the Meds they do get checked as they arrive and go to MET at that time as are checkd by a different group of people.

Our CO never changed our other docs to MET and they were still listed as outstanding when we got the visa, but if some are showing recieved it may be that they are going through them slowly.

Archived