Should we healthcare??

Bamboozled

Hi all, I just wanted to talk about something that made me wonder this week. A mate at work has a lot of health problems and she was saying how money had got tight cos of all the time off work and how guilty she felt because she was having to get bulk billed by the doctor when there are people out there who are so much worse off. She is an Aussie.

I felt dreadful then because for the last four years we have had a bulk billing doc the whole time! I hadn't even thought about it coming from the Uk with the nhs there for our every health need. Truthfully we came here with very little money having no house to sell up or any real assets so it was very hard for us and OH is diabetic so had to get a GP asap. But now we have found our feet and while still not too well off do you think it is morally wrong to still rely on the bulk billing system forever?? When wr are financially ok should we swap to private?? What are your views? And btw I think a forum for health issues would be very helpful on here as it is so different to the Uk. (please forgive me if there is one and I havent found it but I'm a newbie!) be interested to hear what you think.

Guest The Pom Queen
And btw I think a forum for health issues would be very helpful on here as it is so different to the Uk. (please forgive me if there is one and I havent found it but I'm a newbie!) be interested to hear what you think.

We do have a health issues forum, I have moved your post there :wubclub:

Archived